mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Time Signature for new song"

Posted on: June 12, 2017 @ 02:01 AM
MarkBeauchene
Total Posts:  27
Joined  12-09-2013

Should be simple.  I have a MOX6 and want to start a new song in the sequencer with 3/4 time.  The setup allows changing the tempo, but not the meter.  The owners manual and the reference manual didn’t help.  Either didn’t have it, or I couldn’t find it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2017 @ 08:02 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

See (6) Meter on page 76 of the Reference Manual.

PDF versions of the Owner’s and Reference Manuals are searchable, typically in most readers by using “Find”. Doing so for “meter” or “time signature” turned up the above reference.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2017 @ 12:51 PM
MarkBeauchene
Joined  12-09-2013

I saw that page, and saw the reference to meter.  If the page is telling me how to change the meter I don’t understand where and how it is telling me.  It tells me what it is, and the possible settings.  If somehow the page is telling me how to edit this setting I would be extremely appreciative if someone would teach me how to see this in there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2017 @ 12:05 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

In the main song screen [Play], just hit the right arrow twice and then use the data dial to set your time signature. One more right arrow and you’re on tempo.

[Edit] Ooops, just saw this is posted in MOX, my answer works on MOXF.
Should be the same one would hope.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2017 @ 12:24 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
MarkBeauchene - 12 June 2017 12:51 PM

I saw that page, and saw the reference to meter.  If the page is telling me how to change the meter I don’t understand where and how it is telling me.  It tells me what it is, and the possible settings.  If somehow the page is telling me how to edit this setting I would be extremely appreciative if someone would teach me how to see this in there.

Using the cursor keys, highlight the Parameter, then change the setting - just as you would edit anything else.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2017 @ 05:16 PM
MarkBeauchene
Joined  12-09-2013

Now I feel dumber than ever.  It is even easier than I thought it should be.  I went into record first, and couldn’t set the meter from there.  Just the first Song screen!  Thanks a million!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2017 @ 03:23 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hidden in plain sight. ;-)
Glad it was there also on the MOX.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2017 @ 01:54 PM
MarkBeauchene
Joined  12-09-2013

And very glad for zpink and 5pinDIN for their helpful posts!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mac crashing -- Connect MOX or MX but not Motif
Next Topic:

Vocoder ››