mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Load ALL File into different XF with No Flash Question"

Posted on: May 11, 2017 @ 01:40 PM
dv01
Total Posts:  41
Joined  07-27-2012

Hi everyone,

I will have to travel and play one gig out of town and am planning to rent an XF up there and load my sounds in.  So is this possible to first save ALL file (Usr to Usr) from my XF to a USB and load the ALL file to the new keyboard (Usr to Usr)?  Will I get all my sounds I currently have?

Thanks a lot

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2017 @ 02:05 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Yes, as long as none of your sounds require Flash boards.

You could bring your Flash boards with you and put them into the rented XF if that is the case.

I recommend you load the All file with System to get all your personal settings as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2017 @ 02:36 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
dv01 - 11 May 2017 01:40 PM

[...] So is this possible to first save ALL file (Usr to Usr) from my XF to a USB

I presume you’re asking about this because you have samples installed on flash modules. If not, please explain further.

There is no option to SAVE “Usr to Usr”. The result of saving an “All” file with samples is that by default when reloaded they’ll go back to the type of memory they were originally in. That is, if the samples were in User SDRAM, they’ll go back there, and if they were originally in a flash module, they’ll go there… unless you redirect them when loading.

dv01 -

and load the ALL file to the new keyboard (Usr to Usr)?  Will I get all my sounds I currently have?

Loading “Usr to Usr” only results in samples being put in User SDRAM if that’s where they were when the “All” file was saved. If they were originally in a flash module, you’d have to redirect them to “USR”.

As meatballfulton mentioned, you could bring your flash module(s) with you and install it/them in the rental XF. You’d then have to load the “All” file without samples to reestablish the connection between your Voices and the samples. See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/453568
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/458298

If your sounds require samples but you don’t want to bring your flash modules…
There might be other ways to deal with the situation. How much is currently stored to your flash modules?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2017 @ 01:02 PM
dv01
Total Posts:  41
Joined  07-27-2012

Hi all,

5pinDIN I believe the total size being stored is 488MB.

The best solution for me right now is bringing the flash:).

Thanks a lot guys,

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sustain on both instrument of a performance
Next Topic:

Start and stop song with footswitch ››