mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "80s Soundset 1 and 2"

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 01:11 PM
cseymour
Total Posts:  30
Joined  11-22-2009

Hello,
I have a XF7 keyboard just for reference. :)
Part 1:
I have seen several ask on this forum how to install both 80s pop/rock soundsets volumes 1 and 2. I am having the same problem. I have tried changing to all, all with everything, 1 voice bank, etc. Everytime I install one, the other library overwrites the 1st library. The way its suppose to go is 80s soundset 1 is installed in USER bank 1 and 80s II is suppose to install in user bank 3. Well, they install in the correct banks, but the banks that its not being installed on go back to what they were before. Example: I install 80s 1 and in user bank 1. User bank 3 is empty. I then install 80s 2 to user bank 3, and bank 1 goes back to factory sounds and I lose 80s 1 and vice versa. Can someone help me here. I have emailed Richard at PlayKeys and called Yamaha but still have not gotten any answers and waiting.

Part 2:
I have a 1028 board installed in FL1 which has a bunch of wav files on it. I want to add a few more wav files using a usb drive, but not lose what I have installed already on the FL1. Hope this makes sense..

Thanks,
Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 01:22 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

As Bad_Mister says in This Thread, the XF will do what you tell it to do.  You just need to be sure you are asking in the right way!

Please go through the LOAD options in that thread carefully.  You are doing something wrong in trying to LOAD 1BANK VOICES, it’s just not clear what, as we do not know your exact steps.

To properly LOAD 1BANK, you must not only select that LOAD option (TYPE) as your choice, but you must specifically tell the machine which BANK you wish to LOAD (from your ALL File), as well as where (the BANK) you want it LOADED to.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 01:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cseymour - 19 April 2017 01:11 PM

Part 2:
I have a 1028 board installed in FL1 which has a bunch of wav files on it. I want to add a few more wav files using a usb drive, but not lose what I have installed already on the FL1. Hope this makes sense..

Samples/Waveforms on a flash module can’t be lost unless you intentionally delete them. They can’t be overwritten, and if you attempt to load more than the capacity of the module, the XF will prevent you from doing that.

As to your Part 1 question, déjà vu…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/476117/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 01:58 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

Hi 5 Pin,
I am far from the FL1 being full. maybe using 10% now. Like I said, I am trying to load more wav files to existing wav files on the FL1.
Thanks,
Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 04:23 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

I finally figured it out on the soundsets and installing both of them, and noone on here had it right.... Just wanted you to know. Anyone with the same problem feel free to PM me. I will gladly help.
Also still trying to figure out how to load more WAV files to my FL1 bank. I have 978 megs left, so its not even close to being filled..
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 05:12 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
cseymour - 19 April 2017 04:23 PM

I finally figured it out on the soundsets and installing both of them, and noone on here had it right.... Just wanted you to know. Anyone with the same problem feel free to PM me. I will gladly help.

Rather than just claiming that those of us who tried to help you are wrong, why not post your procedure here in this thread? That way, anyone who reads the thread will be informed, and the rest of us can compare your method with what was previously posted.

cseymour - 19 April 2017 04:23 PM

Also still trying to figure out how to load more WAV files to my FL1 bank. I have 978 megs left, so its not even close to being filled..
Thanks

I’d try to help, but lately it seems no good deed goes unpunished.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 08:58 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

Actually 5 pinDin, I just noticed your link under the deja vu comment, and following that link that is exactly what I did. Everything loaded up accepting for the performance files. I had to change to load performance and one by one add them to where I wanted them to go in the XF. So I was wrong you did have the right answer back then but saw it too late., any thoughts on that wave file loading to the FL1 Bank?
Thank You

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 10:43 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
cseymour - 19 April 2017 08:58 PM

Actually 5 pinDin, I just noticed your link under the deja vu comment, and following that link that is exactly what I did. Everything loaded up accepting for the performance files. I had to change to load performance and one by one add them to where I wanted them to go in the XF. So I was wrong you did have the right answer back then but saw it too late.,

Thanks for clarifying the situation.

cseymour -

any thoughts on that wave file loading to the FL1 Bank?
Thank You

In order to provide relevant advice, some details are needed…
What sample rate and bit depth are the .WAV files?

Do you want the .WAVs to be installed on FL1 with or without association to a Voice?

Are the files recordings of music, or are they samples of an instrument to be played?

Are the files related to each other, as in a multi-sample of an instrument?

The more you can tell us, the better.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2017 @ 11:40 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

The wav files are 16 bit. They are of music for intros to songs so there are no associations to any voices. I would like them installed on the FL1 with the existing wav files that I installed years ago. Hope this helps.
Thanks

Also I use the audition button to play these rather than associate them to a certain keyboard key.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 09:10 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
cseymour - 19 April 2017 11:40 PM

The wav files are 16 bit.

OK, as long as the sample rate isn’t over 44.1kHz.

cseymour -

They are of music for intros to songs so there are no associations to any voices. I would like them installed on the FL1 with the existing wav files that I installed years ago. [...]

That shouldn’t be a problem.

1) Select a Preset in Voice mode. (PRE1 A01 will do.)
2) Press [FILE].
3) Set Type to WAV.
4) You can ignore the Element and Key settings for your purposes.
5) Highlight a WAV that’s on your USB drive.
6) Set Load to FL1.
7) Press [SF2](Load), then [INC/YES].
8) Wait for installation to complete

Select any additional WAVs and load them as desired.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 09:41 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

Worked like a charm. Thank you…

[ Ignore ]