mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF8 WH: Performance Renaming not saving properly"

Posted on: April 11, 2017 @ 05:06 PM
djfl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-24-2015

Hi there. I’m having a strange problem with my “new to me” XF8 WH. I took a video describing the problem, but will only upload it if somebody wants visual proof.

I’ve made three performances. One I’ve successfully renamed (Eye of the Tiger). The other two will not save new names, no matter what the names are. I’m going through the same process: common edit, CHAR, renaming...press STORE, ENTER, YES. The UI then says the performance has been saved, but the name stays “InitializedPerform”.

I can successfully save changes to other performance content (voice, volume, etc) without problem. But the name will not stay changed. Any idea why? I program performances into my MOX6 and MO8 the exact same way and have never had a new problem. And again, I have successfully changed one performance’s name, but can’t with the others.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2017 @ 06:46 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
djfl - 11 April 2017 05:06 PM

[...]I’m going through the same process: common edit, CHAR, renaming...press STORE, ENTER, YES. The UI then says the performance has been saved, but the name stays “InitializedPerform”.[...]

You’re leaving a step out of the procedure.

“common edit, CHAR, renaming...” OK until then.

Next, near the bottom of the screen you’ll see Press [ENTER] to set.. You do have to press [ENTER] at that point, or your changes won’t be “set”.

“press STORE, ENTER, YES.” That should complete it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2017 @ 09:25 PM
djfl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-24-2015
5pinDIN - 11 April 2017 06:46 PM
djfl - 11 April 2017 05:06 PM

[...]I’m going through the same process: common edit, CHAR, renaming...press STORE, ENTER, YES. The UI then says the performance has been saved, but the name stays “InitializedPerform”.[...]

You’re leaving a step out of the procedure.

“common edit, CHAR, renaming...” OK until then.

Next, near the bottom of the screen you’ll see Press [ENTER] to set.. You do have to press [ENTER] at that point, or your changes won’t be “set”.

“press STORE, ENTER, YES.” That should complete it.

Yes. That was it. I don’t want to say I’m an idiot necessarily, but I am feeling a little bit like one right now. ;)

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2017 @ 10:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome.

Don’t feel too bad about missing that. I think Yamaha went a bit overboard with protecting users from themselves in some cases.

[ Ignore ]