mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sending program changes from Master “Zone”"

Posted on: March 18, 2017 @ 10:40 PM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Hi, just bought a Motif XF, got a question about sending MIDI program changes via the “Zone” section in master mode. I have set up various songs in the master section and changed the zones to send a program change on each button, the idea being that the external DAW will load a song based on the program change number. This worked fine yesterday, where each button press sent the correct external program change which loaded the song, today though, this does not work, looking at the key received in the DAW, every button sends a CC10 instead of a program change, I havent changed anything. What am I doing wrong??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2017 @ 11:05 PM
eisenfarn
Joined  01-24-2011

Answering my own question here :(, I actually changed the midi transmit channel in the zone from channel 1 to 14, it seems you can’t send program changes on 14, can anyone tell me why? and if it’s possible to use another MIDI channel other than 1?, thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2017 @ 11:29 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Since my own XF has no problem sending external PC (or Bank Select) messages on any MIDI channel, it’s likely yours should be able to do so as well.

I suggest that you use a MIDI utility such as MIDI-OX (http://www.midiox.com/zip/midioxse.exe), and see exactly what the XF is sending. If that reveals no obvious problem, it might be that the difficulty is on the receiving end.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2017 @ 07:09 AM
eisenfarn
Joined  01-24-2011

Hi, I’ve filtered out CC10 (pan) on the zone and now this seems to be working just fine, thank you for your help. No doubt I will be asking more silly questions quite soon :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2017 @ 08:04 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
eisenfarn - 19 March 2017 07:09 AM

Hi, I’ve filtered out CC10 (pan) on the zone and now this seems to be working just fine,

By default, Pan and Volume messages are transmitted for each active Master Zone. For those not familiar with changing that, see MIDI Transmit Switch for the Other messages - [SF2] Control on page 216 of the XF Reference Manual.

eisenfarn -

thank you for your help. No doubt I will be asking more silly questions quite soon :)

You’re welcome. I’m glad you got things worked out.

Forum members willingly answer most questions, unless they’re very silly.  :-)

[ Ignore ]