mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF/Cubase Quetions (New User)"

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 05:22 PM
herbevans2
Total Posts:  3
Joined  05-13-2016

Connection: XF8 connected ‘to host’ for laptop, Connected via audio cable to UR22 Audio Interface, UR22 connected to speakers via cables and laptop via USB
Using Cubase Elements 8 LE
Have all updated drivers updated drivers

I’ve watched countless tutorials and read countless articles re: Midi/audio setup including those in this forum, still not having any success.
When I record Midi/Audio I am not seeing any data once finished. I can hear the metronome and all my backend info is set up as the step by step guide states. Anybody else have this issue that can help out? Also not hearing anything out of the XF Editor VST after setting it up as the manual stated. Really frustrated and want to purchase the full version of Cubase but cant get past this point to even try it out. Any and all feedback is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 06:50 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi herbevans2,

Welcome to Motifator.

Slow down a little bit first. Keep the same goal in mind, but start stripped back to test a few things. What you’re trying to do is rather advanced.

First off, disconnect your UR22 and forget about it and the Editor for a while.

Connect your XF’s analog audio outputs to your amplification / speakers.

Keep the XF ‘to host’ usb connection as it was.

Presuming you’ve installed the relevant drivers, load up Cubase and create a new project (not a template)

Create a MIDI track: Project menu>Add Track>MIDI

In the left hand bar, ‘the inspector bar’ set your Port to Motif XF8 port 1

Set the MIDI channel in the same inspector bar to 1 (if it isn’t already on that)

Put your Motif XF into Song Mode. (a mode that supports up to 16 simultaneous parts)

Set the Motif XF’s Local Control to OFF

In Cubase, have a go at recording and see if you can visibly observe MIDI data being recorded as you play. Then try to play it back, once recorded.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
herbevans2
Joined  05-13-2016

philwoodmusic,

Thank you for the response.  i will take your advice and SLOW DOWN lol! I will try this and see if i am able to see the Midi data being recorded.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2017 @ 05:26 PM
herbevans2
Joined  05-13-2016

Hello Phil,

I can now play midi, and hear the vst instruments (Groove Agent SE, Halion SE,) but not the Motif Editor nor does it record.

My ultimate goal is to use the sounds and arps of from the Motif. Combine them with or VST instruments, (vocals, and other instruments down the line). I feel i shouldn’t need to look elsewhere for sounds at first because i have more than enough to start with in the Motif.

Attached are screenshots of what i see while in Cubase. As discussed in prior messages i don’t mind taking it step by step for true understanding, just want to make sure you know what my goal is and what i’m seeing. As always thank you for the help.

File Attachments
Screenshots For Cubase _Motif XF_B.docx  (File Size: 1183KB - Downloads: 108)
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi Controller Keyboard
Next Topic:

XF Editor in Cubase Question, export as midi ››