mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi Controller Keyboard"

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 03:18 PM
dv01
Total Posts:  41
Joined  07-27-2012

Hi everyone and experts,

I own a Motif XF6 and I am thinking of set up a midi controller keyboard so it can play all the XF6’s sounds.  Is this easy to set up so I can play the 2 keyboards with different sounds at the same time?  And which midi controller do you recommend?

Thanks everyone for your time.

Shane

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 04:26 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

What you are inquiring about is done in MASTER MODE.

This will allow you to address multiple MIDI channels...both internally and externally...simultaneously, via ZONES.

Take a look at This Article.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 04:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
dv01 - 14 February 2017 03:18 PM

[...] I own a Motif XF6 and I am thinking of set up a midi controller keyboard so it can play all the XF6’s sounds.  Is this easy to set up so I can play the 2 keyboards with different sounds at the same time?  And which midi controller do you recommend? [...]

You could accomplish what you’re asking about in Master Mode, as cmayhle suggested. It’s also possible to do it with a Song or Pattern Mixing setup, by setting the controller’s transmit channel to the receive channel of any XF Part(s).

I suggest that you consider getting a controller having 5-pin-DIN MIDI output. If it has only USB MIDI, a computer or other device will have to act as host between the controller and your XF.

I won’t recommend a specific controller, since key feel, cost, etc., are personal considerations.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 04:58 PM
dv01
Total Posts:  41
Joined  07-27-2012

Thanks cmayhle and 5pinDIN for the suggestions.  I’ll take a look at the article and all the info you provided.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Backup Files for firmware update questons
Next Topic:

XF/Cubase Quetions (New User) ››