mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Build your own cheap BC box to use as expression controller."

Posted on: February 10, 2017 @ 08:59 AM
blafot
Total Posts:  105
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi.

I have built my self a really cheap device to use my old BC1 from my DX7 with my MOXF8. It uses a 9 v battery to feed the BC and sends the voltage from blowing (0 to +5 v) to the controller pedal (sxpression) input and then you can adjust the expression by blowing. Cool! Good for layering sounds and blow the horns.

But… If you change controller for FC to bc CC2 and edit sounds to resopnd to BC with both filter (cutoff...) and volume (for all or just some elements) it gets really cool…

I play Piano/bass splitted and piano dubbled with strings using an external FCB1010 as expression. The second foot controller from FCB act as a FC for a dubbled hammond sound… And… when I blow It doubbles with Brass section that has no sustain pedal.

Mix mode cause its 5 sounds. I have been using this setup for years using a CME UF8 and BC with my laptop and now I have testing this for 9 shows and it works great.

So. I made a deskription of how I made it and where I found the information on the net and I put it on my website. Its just how I made it… and for me it works. So dont blame me if it does not work for you… I did not pay anything but the battery… Had all stuff in a throw-away-box in my basement.

The description is in swedidh but at the right bottom is a yellow TRANSLATE where google translate can translate it for you… I know… google translate but its better then nothing and I will not rewrite everything in egnlish…

So. I found info on the web and discussed it with 5PinDin (Thanx) here at motifator and made it so I do not take credit for it. And I also do not take any responsibillisies for any damage or so… But mine works.

Tell me if you like it and if it works for you. I have built a dual cable output as it is not the same for yamaha as for roland and I want to use it in both, and it works. I also added my modifyed WindSynth sound there for download.

http://blafotproduktion.se/breath-controller-adapter/

Good luck!
Regards
/Magnus from Sweden.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2017 @ 11:15 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
blafot - 10 February 2017 08:59 AM

[...] So. I found info on the web and discussed it with 5PinDin (Thanx) here at motifator and made it so I do not take credit for it. And I also do not take any responsibillisies for any damage or so… But mine works. [...]

My participation in this was limited to explaining the differences between expression pedal circuitry used by Yamaha versus that of other brands. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477178/

The circuit described by blafot apparently works with his MOXF, and that’s great. However, please note that I did not design the original or modified circuit - I only described the TRS connections, as in the above linked thread.
I take no responsibility for the performance of such a circuit, or any problems encountered with its use. Anyone building and using the circuit does so at their own risk.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2017 @ 12:39 PM
blafot
Joined  05-04-2015

5PinDin, noone can hold you responsible for anything in this box, but I could not have built it without your help, explaining the Yamaha trs vs ts.
I cant take all credit cause I found the original circuit in the internet. The credit goes to the One making the original.

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2017 @ 01:23 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
blafot - 10 February 2017 12:39 PM

5PinDin, noone can hold you responsible for anything in this box, but I could not have built it without your help, explaining the Yamaha trs vs ts.
I cant take all credit cause I found the original circuit in the internet. The credit goes to the One making the original.

/M

Someone who understands what was described should find the information interesting, but there might be those who could create problems for themselves. I hope you understand that since you disclaimed any responsibility, I also felt the need to do so.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_your_ass  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2017 @ 01:28 PM
blafot
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi. Yes. Good point.
Thats right… If you build it and it break your board, you can only blame yourself.
I want to credit all who helped me and do not want to step in anyone thoes.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Copy voice params to song
Next Topic:

Bag or Case for MOXF 8? ››