mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I set up the sound for ‘I Won’t Get Fooled Again’?"

Posted on: February 09, 2017 @ 09:16 PM
l8rdood
Total Posts:  27
Joined  05-17-2010

I’ve already purchased a couple years ago a 1980’s sound set. I am missing The Who’s I Won’t Get Fooled Again from it. I need to know what organ voice and arppiegator to use for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2017 @ 05:35 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

The Who’s Won’t Get Fooled Again isn’t on either Vol 1 or 2 of the 80’s sounds by Playkeyz.
It is on DCP Vintage Keys as H:04 voice.
It is in the Organ TnWhl category and is made up of two waveforms and effects.
I’m sure Dave Polich wouldn’t be happy if I gave you all the specifics though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2017 @ 09:49 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The original Who recording is an organ fed through a synthesizer (ARP? VCS3?) to get the filter effect.

Find or program an organ voice that sounds close to the recording, use a square wave LFO routed to the amp stage to get the gating and then use a slow sine or triangle wave LFO fed to the filter (set to LP, pick the one that sounds best to your ear), adjusting cutoff and resonance to taste. As an alternative try using a gate as one of the inserts.

If you’re going to be sequencing, tempo lock the square LFO, for live performance, use AS1 or AS2 to control LFO speed.

[ Ignore ]