mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Copy voice params to song"

Posted on: February 08, 2017 @ 12:46 AM
SoulProfessor
Total Posts:  7
Joined  10-23-2016

Just got my new moxf8 and I love it!!!!

I set up my gigging setups in Songs so that I can map a controller keyboard to alternate tracks.  I love the new Natural Grand S6 voice patch and I’m trying to get it into a Song setup.  Here is what I’ve done:

* Set track 1 voice to Natural Grand S6
* [MIXING]->[JOB]->[F3/COPY]->[SF2/VOICE]
* Copy voice PRE9:001[Natural Grand S6]
* Enable Rev, Cho, MEQ and MFX
* [ENTER]->[ENTER]
* Enable Insert Effects for track 1

Unfortunately the track really lacks the depth of the sound when the S6 is selected in Voice mode.  Am I missing something, or does Voice mode have capabilities I just can’t copy?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2017 @ 02:03 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Here is the action to take...in a nutshell...that will place a VOICE into a SONG PART as closely as possible to the original sound you found (or created)...less any differences in master effects the SONG might have set differently than the VOICE.

Here is a much deeper discussion of Parameter with Voice in use.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2017 @ 10:22 PM
SoulProfessor
Total Posts:  7
Joined  10-23-2016

Thank you for the response.  I tried the Parameter With Voice option and ended up with the same result.  The patch in Song sounds very dead compared to the patch in Voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2017 @ 10:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Be sure to turn on Parameter with Voice before selecting the Voice for the Part. If you turned Parameter with Voice on after the Voice was selected, temporarily select another Voice, then reselect the one you want. Be sure to STORE any changes you make.

If that doesn’t do the trick, then verify that the System Effects (Reverb and Chorus) settings are the same in the Song as they are in the Voice.

[ Ignore ]