mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi multi-track file loads into 1 channel on motif xf, sequencer help?"

Posted on: February 04, 2017 @ 09:44 PM
bunzi1964
Total Posts:  82
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi,
I export midi files out of logic pro 9, and also tried Cubase AI6.....in both cases, the multi track midi file loads into the XF sequencer all on track 1. I know the file is exporting as type 1 ( not type 0)

Obviously i’m missing something fundamental as midi files i get on the internet load into separate tracks per instrument, as it should. Ive tried assigning channels to each track, but cant get it to work.

Im part newbie with the midi exporting.....i attached a logic pro 9 instruction sheet for reference.....I followed to the letter when exporting, still all loads into track 1.

Is this a setting on the XF or a software setting?

Anyone know logic pro, or can help with this? 

Appreciate it :)

Paul S.

File Attachments
MIDI Files export Logic Pro.pdf  (File Size: 95KB - Downloads: 117)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2017 @ 09:20 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

What you’re experiencing isn’t related to an XF setting - if it was, you’d have the same issue with other’s MIDI files. Even a Type 0 file should load to separate tracks in the XF, as long as each of your tracks in Cubase is assigned to a different MIDI channel. I don’t use Cubase, so I can’t offer suggestions on how to accomplish that, but hopefully another member will reply.

See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/464597/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2017 @ 10:36 AM
bunzi1964
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi 5Pin,
Thanks for your response. I have exhausted all efforts in Logic pro 9 and am convinced there is a bug in that program. To Bad, logic is pretty good otherwise. Very surprised coming from Apple.

I switched over to, and updated to Cubase elements 9 with the Motif VST editor (very cool) and finally have had success exporting the midi files out of Cubase with the channels separated properly. They now import into the Motif XF sequencer with the channels separated correctly.
Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2017 @ 08:54 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi bunzi1964,

I know this is late and you’ve found a solution. but if you put your Logic session up here, I’ll take a look at it.

Also, there may have been some MIDI export bugs in earlier versions of Logic 9, if I recall correctly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2017 @ 12:25 PM
bunzi1964
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi Phil,
I will send a file here very soon.
I would rather use Logic 9 is possible.
Thanks for your input on this.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Gong