mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Transferring a sequence from MOX to Cubase in real time"

Posted on: January 21, 2017 @ 04:04 AM
benhahn
Total Posts:  9
Joined  05-26-2015

Hello,

I want to transfer a pattern from my MOX to Cubase. I have read the article:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moving_a_mox6_mox8_song_into_a_cubase_project

I do not need to chain patterns because there is only one. So I guess the basic procedure is the same, though I am not in SONG mode?

Next thing is that in the article it says that transferring the MIDI Data in real time will be described in another article. Which I could not find…

Thanks for your help
Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 01:42 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi benhahn,

Whilst I have no experience in trying to transfer MIDI data in real time, have you considered exporting your pattern as a Standard MIDI File to a thumb drive and taking it over to your computer that way?

I know it’s a ‘sneakernet’ option and not very Star Trek, but it’s certainly effective and you get a back up to boot.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 12:34 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

It must be a song. Cubase can only open Motif songs contained in an All file. It cannot open pattern files.

So convert your pattern to a song (this is easy), save an All file and you are good to go.

Cubase will import the song data from the All file, creating the necessary MIDI tracks and assigning the correct voices for each track.

“Transferring in real time” means playing the MOX sequencer and have Cubase record the MIDI output. If your pattern or song is 1 minute long, it takes one minute. If your pattern or song is an hour long, it takes an hour. You have to set up the Cubase MIDI tracks in advance.

The All file transfer is preferable in most cases.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2017 @ 04:18 PM
benhahn
Total Posts:  9
Joined  05-26-2015

Thank you both! I will try the conversion to a song and see if I can get things working…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mouse noise
Next Topic:

Song/mixing mode ARP help ››