mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using Two Separate Audio Input Devices Cubase AI8"

Posted on: January 20, 2017 @ 12:55 AM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Hi!

I am attempting to record my XF8 to Cubase AI8, and to also have some singers using a Blue Snowball USB-mic. I have my XF connected using the Resident Audio T4. The T4 is recognized in the VST Audio Syste. I can access the Blue mic from the ASIO driver menu under the VST Audio System, but I cannot seem to record using it while also having the T4 connected. It switches the driver so that only one works.

I need to add a second audio input device, to put it simply. How do I do this? I have not had much luck finding a solution on the web. Thanks!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2017 @ 03:30 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Max,

Your computer is quite rightly treating your Blue Snowball USB mic as an audio interface in its own right, and as you’ve already found out, you will not be able to use two audio interfaces at the same time with your set up, as it is.

You could look into using ASIO4ALL which may provide you with a solution.

I understand that it does allow for the use of 2 input audio interfaces at once with various DAWs, but since I’ve never needed to use it, I have no idea how successful it will be for you, and of course, you install it at your own risk.

http://www.asio4all.com/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2017 @ 06:57 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

OK. Thanks!

Instead I am now trying to connect a microphone with a 1/4” end to input 3 on the T4. I already have the XF8 in inputs 1 and 2, recording to a stereo audio track. I added a Mono audio track, but it does not register any input from the microphone. I have a mono bus set to input 3 in the vst connections tab. I need to record both tracks simultaneously. What am I doing wrong?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2017 @ 08:03 PM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

Your stereo track should consist of inputs 1 and 2 combined.

Input 1 Left
Input 2 Right

Then your mono track should be:

Input 3 Left

Note that on your interface, the INST/LINE switch for 3 and 4 should be set to INST so that 3 and 4 are monitored as mono inputs, which is the opposite to how you are using inputs 1 and 2.  You’re not using 4 at the moment, but it still needs to be set that way for the mono use of input 3.

Please check that all of these inputs are available and active in your device set up page first.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2017 @ 03:28 AM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

Thank you. I have it working now!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2017 @ 05:43 AM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

No worries.