mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to EDIT a VOICE to create / trigger REPEATED NOTES"

Posted on: December 17, 2016 @ 07:04 AM
lovemotif
Total Posts:  56
Joined  01-11-2012

Hi Friends,

I need to trigger repeated notes((1/8,1/16,1/32,1/64 notes) as long as when I press and hold a key. I need this effect for voices like ‘SITAR’ and other stringed instruments. I don’t know if such editing is possible on a MOX. If its possible, I don’t know what type of editing should be done, whether to do it through an Insert Effect or by editing a voice at the elementary level??.
Any guidance in this regard will be very helpful… please help me my fellow MOXers :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2016 @ 09:23 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Note repeats can be done by using an arpeggio.

Here are some you could try:

MainCategory SubCategory ArpNumber ArpName
Seq          Genrl       6213      MA_Up Oct1 
Seq          Genrl       6217      MA_Down Oct1
Seq          Genrl       6280      MA_Wavetable8th 
Seq          Genrl       6281      MA_Wavetable16th

If those Arps aren’t what you need, then you can create your own, using a Song or Pattern Job. See Put Track to Arp on pages 96 and 110 of the MOX Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48534), and Creating an Arpeggio on pages 125-126.

Depending on your needs, you might also want to edit the Amplitude Envelope Generator (AEG) Decay and Release settings of the Voice’s Elements. Here’s a support article which may help with AEG settings:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/learning_about_envelopes_motif_xs_xf_and_mox

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2016 @ 05:29 AM
lovemotif
Joined  01-11-2012

Thank you 5pinDIN :) I will try this.. thank you very much :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2016 @ 10:26 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
lovemotif - 18 December 2016 05:29 AM

Thank you 5pinDIN :) I will try this.. thank you very much :)

You’re very welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2018 @ 09:37 AM
lovemotif
Joined  01-11-2012

Hi Guys, I am back again with the OP.
I tried and tried… but i am not happy with what I could come up with.

For those of you who are familiar with the Yamaha PSR Arranger workstations, under HARMONY -> if we select ECHO, we can further choose Notes of different values like 8th, 16th, 32nd and 64th to be triggered with one key press. I am basically trying to get this done on my MOX. I love the synth but it brings tears. Ofcourse, I admit, its because of lack of my technical knowledge. For people like BadMister and other guys who are well versed with these synths, its a cake walk for them.

To simplify my question i’ll post a video link from YOUTUBE below, where the guy playing it exactly at timeline 0:40 triggers REPEATED NOTES by activating a switch, like AF1 and AF2 what we have on our yamaha MOX.
This is exactly what i am trying to achieve and I want to do so in voice mode. Plz guide me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuZwkhVnAtA

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ the Who / Townshend / Join together
Next Topic:

How to sync pattern to arps? ››