mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "COPY AND PASTE(recall) VOICE PARAMETERS FROM ONE VOICE TO ANOTHER"

Posted on: December 10, 2016 @ 10:31 PM
Dechristo
Total Posts:  19
Joined  08-12-2011

Love my XS, but lately am trying to create new voice combinations...up til now have not done much voice programming on this keyboard, mostly just played the stock voices, and have altered and renamed some to custom for song sequences.

Is there a copy and recall function for copying voice parameters and moving all or parts of those voices to another voice patch?...can’t seem to find it on the keyboard or in the manual.  For instance, say I have a piano voice, that uses elements 1-4, and wish to add strings on a keyboard split using an existing string voice, made up of 4 elements that is a separate voice patch in another category and location in the keyboard library of instrument voices...can I go to that string voice, and copy the 4 elements, even if one at a time, then go back to the piano voice and recall and paste them on elements 5-8 of the piano voice?  After which of course can tailor the zones of all 8 elements to taste, for my split keyboard “piano/string” voice, just as an example for discussion.

This function has to exist and I just missed it somehow.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2016 @ 10:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There’s a Voice mode Job for that. See Copying another Voice Element to the current one - [F3] Copy on page 134 of the XS Owner’s Manual. (Basic operation for Voice Jobs is on page 133.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2016 @ 11:35 PM
Dechristo
Total Posts:  19
Joined  08-12-2011

Thanks 5pinDin...I found it half an hour after posting.  Not seeing the forest for the trees type of thing

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 11, 2016 @ 12:28 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Dechristo - 10 December 2016 11:35 PM

Thanks 5pinDin…

You’re welcome.

Dechristo -

I found it half an hour after posting.

But I replied within about half that time.  :-)

Dechristo -

Not seeing the forest for the trees type of thing

The manual is quite thick, and might have taken a few trees to print a paper copy.  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Change Sustain Time on XS!
Next Topic:

User UI Templates ››