mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Song - Created Saturday"

Posted on: June 26, 2016 @ 01:11 PM
charter21p5
Total Posts:  50
Joined  02-19-2011

Hello all,
I am working on sampling in the Motif XF keyboard and mixing the samples with internal sounds of the Motif. Friday I was able to figure out how to record / sample the guitar into the keyboard while mixing in the Motif sounds in song mode.

Yesterday I created another rif while trying to expand out my mixing / sampling skills.

My influences in music are very wide reaching however this was influenced by my appreciation of Satriani and Zeppelin so you will hear a bit of both types of bands / artists in this song.

I did mess up in a few areas on the song layout. I play by ear mainly however I am working on expanding my theory knowledge. My next goal is to figure out how to layout a song in measures. It is a bit challenging as I cannot read or write music so I am trying to be creative in figuring out how to better layout the framework for a song.

Also the song isn’t complete. I still have a few more things to add and I am unsure what they are as of yet.

Thanks for listening!

File Attachments
Guitar-Sat-Zep.mp3  (File Size: 6519KB - Downloads: 485)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2016 @ 10:19 PM
Shamasundar_H
Total Posts:  5
Joined  07-16-2016

Very nice charter21p5. I like what you have here as a base for the song. I am sure once you add more instruments, it sounds less repetitive. I would break the drums a bit and change the melody at places just to break the monotony. I look forward to the finished version of this piece.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ First Guitar Sampling on Motif XF
Next Topic:

Saudade ››