mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF Arpeggio manager"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 08:39 AM
JeanGoncalves
Total Posts:  31
Joined  10-25-2014

Hello

As you know MOTIF users can manage arpeggios files with John Melas software or 5pinDIN freeware, but for MOXF users there is nothing.

So following the advice of 5pinDIN in this conversation :http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477143/
I post a small utility for Windows that I wrote in order to merge the Arpeggio files of Moxf.

View notes.txt file for the installation and use of this program.

I am French and I have a very bad English, so be indulgent with my comments.

SEE BELOW FOR LAST VERSION.

File Attachments
tkmergeArps_en.zip  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 408)
exe.win32-3.3.zip  (File Size: 4257KB - Downloads: 406)
notes.txt  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 424)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 10:11 AM
Vetalexy
Total Posts:  32
Joined  07-20-2015

Hello!

it is impossible to run the program (Windows 7 64)

Image Attachments
error.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 02:26 PM
B.Minor
Total Posts:  126
Joined  10-22-2010

Vetalexy wrote:

it is impossible to run the program (Windows 7 64)

I can not confirm such an issue. I’m running the application using Win7 64 bit and it works great!

@JeanGoncalves:
that’s really an amazing tool, fantastic work! Thank you very much for your investigation and realization!

Just one remark from my side:
Would it eventually be possible to change the internal Arpeggio numbering in order to start with “1” instead of “0”? That would finally comply to the numbering scheme already known from John Melas Waveform Editor (and with the MOXF internal user Arp numbering as well).

And of course this brings me to my second immodest request (maybe in a future update):
Do you see any chance to load X3A, X3G, X0A and X0G files as well with your tool (similar to 5pinDIN’s previous approach) and maybe to let the user decide in which of the three Arpeggio formats (X0G, X3G or X6G) the merged Arpeggio data can be finally saved back? That functionality would be really great for all Motif users, as your application could then turn out to be an universal tool for providing a functionality that is currently missing in Melas Suite, namley converting any Arpeggio data between all three Motif formats.

Just let me know what you think about those ideas and if it would be possible to manage them at all.

Thank you very much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 02:47 PM
Vetalexy
Joined  07-20-2015

I’ve tried it on two different computers - the same result.
How do you run a program (exe or py)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 03:02 PM
B.Minor
Joined  10-22-2010

Hmmm, there was no special procedure required in my case.
I just unpacked Jean’s ZIP file into a separate folder and launched the EXE application.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 03:17 PM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

Hello

@Vetalexy

I have seen that it is an kown issue with CX_Freeze on some windows system (search google with your error message).
CX_freezez is an utility to make an .exe from a script python (interpreted).
If I can’t find a workaround, I try an other utility to make an .exe with the script.
( If a python user can help me for this, he is welcome !)

At home, I test with windows 8.1 64bits, win 7 64 bits and win 7 32 bits.

Meanwhile, if you can install a python 3 interpreter (it’s free), I think you don’t have problem.( Another advantage is the source is greatly smaller than the exe and there is only a file).
I you install a python interpreter, you can run the program by opening a console windows (’Invite de commandess’ in french) in the directory where you unzip the script then type :
py tkmergeArps_en.py or python tkmergeArps_en.py.
You can also double click on tkmergeArps_en.py in windows explorer (it’s open a useless console windows in background but it does not matter)

@B.Minor
Thank you
For the first remark, I correct that in the next version.
For the second, I first wait to see if the program work’s well with other users. Perhaps, if I understand the format of file and if you can give me some files. I have to say that I don’t have Motif to test the result.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 04:00 PM
B.Minor
Joined  10-22-2010

Okay, understood. I also don’t own any XS or XF, I’m just converting XS libraries using Melas Tools Suite, or I’m directly loading XF libraries in case they aren’t available for the MOXF. That’s why I’ll not be able to create any X3G example files for your tests. However, a good start could be to do the direct comparison between the “XSpand Your World” Arpeggio data in X3G format (original XS library loaded into XF - thanks to 5pinDIN for providing this) and the converted X6A file I created from exactly that source (see both files in the attachment).

File Attachments
XSpand_Arps.zip  (File Size: 43KB - Downloads: 387)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 05:13 PM
blafot
Total Posts:  105
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi. Nice!

Windows 10 Pro 64 complain about MSVCR100.DLL missing.

It is the C++ Redistributable Package 2010.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26999
Pick the file named vcredist_x64.exe.
Install.
Now it workes.

Also Win10 says its dangerous (built in virusprotection) but you can bypass.

Thanx.
/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 05:30 PM
blafot
Total Posts:  105
Joined  05-04-2015

Hm....
I try to merge 2 files and one have arp 1-6 and one are 1-32.
Arp.Num not valid is what I got.

I have arps from one file numbered and from the other file with the same numbers.
How can I fix that? Can I re-number the files?

000>000 ..... From file one
001>000 ..... From file two

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 07:15 PM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

@blafot
Can you send me your 2 files.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 09:12 PM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

Hello

First, thank at all for spend time in testing this utility.

@blafot : don’t send me your files as I request in preceding post.
I have undertand what happens and this is correct in the next version tomorow.
I write a tutorial for explain what means the numbers you see in the 3 lists, why there is 2 numbers in left and right screen and why there are 3 numbers in middle list. I explain also how to numbering as you want your new arpeggios and avoid or minimize the need of editing the arp number in your voice.
I have no time today but I give you that tomorow with a new version.
But I can say that for merging arps, you load a file in left list, then a second file in the right list. Then picking at left and right make your new list of arpeggios in the middle screen.
The new numbering of your arppegio depend of the order of inserting.
If you load a file in the left screen, insert some arpeggios in the middle, then select a new file in the same left screen and insert new arpeggios in the middle list, if the second file as less arppegios that the first you get your error and the middle list is invalid.
I correct this in next version by clearing the middle list when you load a file in the left or right screen.
If you want merge arpegios for more 2 files, begin with the first 2 files, merge, save your new file, reload it in the left screen and the third in right screen and so on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 09:16 PM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

Suite :
In the next version the numbers of arppegios are 1 to 256 and not 0 to 255 as I see it is very confusing.

And I search for I new utility for making executable, that it seems there are problems with CX-Freeze.

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2016 @ 07:48 AM
Vetalexy
Joined  07-20-2015

Fixed…

File Attachments
exe.win32-3.4.zip  (File Size: 4585KB - Downloads: 423)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2016 @ 09:09 AM
Vetalexy
Joined  07-20-2015

Hello!

It is desirable to support file formats X3A(X3G) and X4A(X4G).

Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2016 @ 12:01 PM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

@Vetalexy
Hello

Very good job, you help me a lot.
I consider to migrate to python3.4 and cx_freeze4.3.4 if it is more stable.

For your second post. As I have said I wait for a stable version for MOXF by your feedback.
MOTIF user as 2 products for manage arpeggio and the file format is different for Moxf.
I think if my utility work well, 5pinDIN and John Melas integrate the Moxf in their products.
If not, I consider to developp as you said, but as I have not MOTIF and I need help for testing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2016 @ 03:46 PM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

Hello
Here is a new version.

(A short tutorial tomorrow)

File Attachments
exe.win32-3.4.zip  (File Size: 4585KB - Downloads: 449)
tkmergeArps_en.zip  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 443)
notes.txt  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 479)
  [ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Getting the terminology right between the MOXF and the Motif Rack XS
Next Topic:

tap tempo ? ››