mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Split volume control in Motif Rack"

Posted on: May 26, 2014 @ 08:14 PM
abcdent@pacbell.net
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-24-2010

Since the manual is so helpful, does anyone know if it’s possible to program the module to split the keyboard signal so that it will play one section at one volume, and the other at a different volume. In other words, I want to record the lower end at a lower volume, than the upper end volume. For all the things these units are capable of, it seems like this should be a very simple thing to accomplish. Any help is greatly appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2014 @ 10:46 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It can. There are several ways to do this very thing.

You ask about the splitting the keyboard, but your title says “Motif-Rack”, your profile says Motif ES, we are a bit confused.

In both the keyboard and the rack you can scale the amplitude of a sound across the keyboard, such that one region is louder and another is softer. This is an edit done at the Voice’s Element level. If you are not a programmer adept at this deeper level, you can place the same Voice in a Performance twice and simply set the Note Limits to create a split with the same Voice on either side, then simply control the volumes of each Part as you require.

Amplitude Scaling is done on a per Element basis (see page 73 in the Motif-Rack manual), (see page 211 in the Motif ES manual).

If you need specifics post back here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2014 @ 10:16 AM
abcdent@pacbell.net
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-24-2010

I don’t know about the profile, but this request is for the Motif Rack. Are these instructions the same for both? So it can be done? The ES Rack manual seems easier to follow but does not relate to the Motif rack. And the Motif rack is more cryptic in its wording. I see in the es rack manual how to put parts in the layers, but I cannot find anything like that in the Motif rack manual. This is such BS, and it should not be this difficult to do. All I need/want to do is put two of the same voices into one program which should effectively allow me to have separate volume control over each. That’s what I want to do. And if I can do that, then I should be able to set some basic parameters for each, mainly EQ on the voices. If I could just do that my world would be complete!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha PLG-150 AP Review
Next Topic:

Distortion issue ››