mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ethnic Prog Rock"

Posted on: May 08, 2014 @ 07:56 PM
juancarlosportillo
Total Posts:  135
Joined  03-05-2009

Hi, everyone. This is my first HD (1080p) video. This is a song from my second album “Duality”.

Here I recorded several ethnic mexican instruments, percussions and ocarinas/flutes. Also I recorded guitars, bass and synths.

Hope you like it and thanks for your feedback.

Regards
jcp

Duality of Gods

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2014 @ 09:09 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Question: all of these sounds are Motif or none of these sounds are Motif?
Why is this posted here? Nice job, nice playing, nice video, but wrong place to post this maybe. From what I see not really a “Mo Song....”

Unless you are telling us those sounds are really Motif?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2014 @ 09:30 PM
juancarlosportillo
Joined  03-05-2009
Bad_Mister - 08 May 2014 09:09 PM

Why is this posted here? Nice job, nice playing, nice video, but wrong place to post this maybe. From what I see not really a “Mo Song....”

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I forgot to mention that I used the Motif-Rack XS in this song. One synth sound, the “Synth Comp/ PR6/ 81/ W Phaser, and although I use the Alesis DM5 for drums I used the Drum Kit PD/ 007/ Rock Stereo Kit 2 for the Toms. Is “Mo Songs” only for posting music entirely done with the Motif? If that, am sorry. Thanks for posting!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2014 @ 09:31 PM
juancarlosportillo
Joined  03-05-2009
Bad_Mister - 08 May 2014 09:09 PM

An thanks for your kind words, too.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2014 @ 05:01 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Nice piece and great craftmanship on several instruments. Of course it is not forbidden to post songs not entirely made on a MOTIF kind of instrument. Although this forum is called MO SONG. LOL.

Nevertheless this forum is meant also to educate motif synth players and motivate MOTIF users to use their instruments more creatively or to inspire them.

Professional players when they are so good in their craft can also demotivate beginning players when they hear the difference between their own created songs and those from professionals. LOL

Still it is always nice to hear and see songs from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2014 @ 11:03 AM
juancarlosportillo
Joined  03-05-2009
jan bruijn - 09 May 2014 05:01 AM

Nice piece and great craftmanship on several instruments. Of course it is not forbidden to post songs not entirely made on a MOTIF kind of instrument. Although this forum is called MO SONG. LOL.

Nevertheless this forum is meant also to educate motif synth players and motivate MOTIF users to use their instruments more creatively or to inspire them.

Professional players when they are so good in their craft can also demotivate beginning players when they hear the difference between their own created songs and those from professionals. LOL

Still it is always nice to hear and see songs from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Jan

Thanks, Jan. Big hug from Mexico City! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2014 @ 03:40 PM
MikeHuntingford
Total Posts:  758
Joined  11-22-2009

I also use multiple instruments from other manufacturers (KORG, Roland, Kurzweil, Casio, etc) to create my pieces but my trusty MO is always featured.

I don’t care what percentage you used - it was fantastic and a real pleasure to watch!! Pro all the way!

Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2014 @ 12:41 PM
juancarlosportillo
Joined  03-05-2009
MikeHuntingford - 31 May 2014 03:40 PM

I also use multiple instruments from other manufacturers (KORG, Roland, Kurzweil, Casio, etc) to create my pieces but my trusty MO is always featured.

I don’t care what percentage you used - it was fantastic and a real pleasure to watch!! Pro all the way!

Mike

Thanks, Mike. Hugs!

[ Ignore ]