mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "trivial problem copying sound in MOES"

Posted on: January 09, 2014 @ 05:45 AM
rizzy
Total Posts:  40
Joined  11-06-2013

Hi folks,I’m programming some live performance for my live setup but I am having a problem.
I know that I cannot copy a sound VOICE mode
(ex ap: full grand )directly in PERFORMANCE mode.
I’ve tried:
-PERFORM-
-F2-VOICE-
I entered PRE1: 001: A01 (Rev: Full Grand)..right.
but the sound is different from what I feel when I play it in VOICE mode:
some suggest? thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2014 @ 06:17 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The Full Grand in Voice mode is like playing an acoustic piano in your home.
When you move it to a Performance, you are going to join three other members of a four piece ensemble.

Each of the four “Parts” are plugged into the Performance mode’s mixer.

Have you ever played in a band? Ever have this experience where you are now just one channel in the band’s mixer.

Yes you have to share some resources with the three other members of the group.

At home, alone, you could turn up really loud, you were all by yourself… That’s VOICE mode
At the band get together (Performance mode) you are automatically turned down, every Part is reduced in volume to 100 at the mixer, panned to the middle, EQ is stripped off (reset to flat), Send levels to the mixer’s System Effects are reduced, etc., etc., etc. you will have to work at making the ensemble sound good together. The volumes were initially turned down so you can add other instruments.

There is nothing worse than a band where everyone is playing as loud as they can… Sounds like a musical argument, rather than a musical ensemble (unfortunately, many bands never “get” this point).

If you ever worked in a band with a mixing board this should all be familiar. If not, yes, you sound different when you join the band. You have to allow for the other musicians (Parts) to have room to play, too.

Every recording engineer learns this, and those musicians who are curious enough to find out, that when you combine and single instrument with any other instrument the begin to “mask” each other. The low end of the acoustic guitar gets hidden a bit by the low end if the bass… Any where the frequencies are similar one of the instruments will change how you perceive the other. The job of the mix engineer is to find the balance (in level, and in frequency EQ) that allows each to sound good together.

How they sound alone is no longer the main issue, it’s how they work together.
Nothing worse than a mix that sounds great when you solo each instrument but sounds awful when everything is played together. Actually only the ensemble sound really counts!!!

Think about it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2014 @ 07:44 AM
rizzy
Joined  11-06-2013

Thanks Guru .as always your replies are more than satisfactory, with a band certainly the explanation is flawless but in my situation might be different, I’ll explain. I play in a duo (guitarist) and backtracks audio for a practical reason I wanted to store the sounds I have chosen in PERFORMANCE mode for “visually storing” quickly.
However I will correct the eq and other things during rehearsals if I’ll need and ll’try to play even the Voice sounds to notice the difference ... doubting Thomas...but completely agree with you,
----however it is recommended to initialize the presets of a PERFORMANCE and then load a VOICE? I should have at least the general parameters reset .. no?

Respects.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2014 @ 03:24 AM
rizzy
Joined  11-06-2013
Bad_Mister - 09 January 2014 06:17 AM

The Full Grand in Voice mode is like playing an acoustic piano in your home.
When you move it to a Performance, you are going to join three other members of a four piece ensemble.

Each of the four “Parts” are plugged into the Performance mode’s mixer.

Have you ever played in a band? Ever have this experience where you are now just one channel in the band’s mixer.

Yes you have to share some resources with the three other members of the group.

At home, alone, you could turn up really loud, you were all by yourself… That’s VOICE mode
At the band get together (Performance mode) you are automatically turned down, every Part is reduced in volume to 100 at the mixer, panned to the middle, EQ is stripped off (reset to flat), Send levels to the mixer’s System Effects are reduced, etc., etc., etc. you will have to work at making the ensemble sound good together. The volumes were initially turned down so you can add other instruments.

There is nothing worse than a band where everyone is playing as loud as they can… Sounds like a musical argument, rather than a musical ensemble (unfortunately, many bands never “get” this point).

If you ever worked in a band with a mixing board this should all be familiar. If not, yes, you sound different when you join the band. You have to allow for the other musicians (Parts) to have room to play, too.

Every recording engineer learns this, and those musicians who are curious enough to find out, that when you combine and single instrument with any other instrument the begin to “mask” each other. The low end of the acoustic guitar gets hidden a bit by the low end if the bass… Any where the frequencies are similar one of the instruments will change how you perceive the other. The job of the mix engineer is to find the balance (in level, and in frequency EQ) that allows each to sound good together.

How they sound alone is no longer the main issue, it’s how they work together.
Nothing worse than a mix that sounds great when you solo each instrument but sounds awful when everything is played together. Actually only the ensemble sound really counts!!!

Think about it.

Hi Guru, I finally tried to play with my ES in a local band and I have to tell you that the Voice sound FULL GRAND with necessary adjustments to EQ is much better than I modified in PERFORMANCE mode, I understand that the VOICE is made ​​up of 4 elements and that the wavectgry can not be loaded into PERFORMANCE right? Nor the various SET 1/6 of which I have heard how they affect the sound but I have not found in the manual.thankz.

[ Ignore ]