mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "CS6X with PLG150-DX and PLG150-VL, help with voices please."

Posted on: September 15, 2012 @ 09:48 PM
garybeaman
Total Posts:  3
Joined  09-15-2012

Just bought myself a second hand CS6X to use with my PLG150-DX and have just ordered a second hand PLG150-VL.

The problem is that I need the following files which where on floppy disks that would have originally came with the plug-in boards ...

PLG150-DX

01PlgVc1.mid
01PlgVc2.mid

PLG150-VL

01PlgV1A.mid
01PlgV1B.mid
01PlgV1C.mid
01PlgV2A.mid
01PlgV2B.mid
01PlgV2C.mid

I have lost the disk from my PLG150-DX and the second hand PLG150-VL is just the board, because the CS6X doesn’t auto load the voice data I am desperate for these files.

Can someone please help.

Gary

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2012 @ 02:39 PM
garybeaman
Joined  09-15-2012

I contacted Yamaha support and they found the files for the PLG100-VL which should be the same as the 150-VL. I can’t test it out though as I don’t have the plugin board yet - it’s on it’s way though.

Even they haven’t found the voice bank for the 150-DX though.

Please, if anyone has a PLG150-DX, if you could dust off the floppy disk and attach the two files here I would be forever in your debt.

Gary.

File Attachments
plg100vl.zip  (File Size: 24KB - Downloads: 1141)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2012 @ 05:29 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

garybeaman - 18 September 2012 02:39 PM

I contacted Yamaha support and they found the files for the PLG100-VL which should be the same as the 150-VL. I can’t test it out though as I don’t have the plugin board yet - it’s on it’s way though.

Even they haven’t found the voice bank for the 150-DX though.

Please, if anyone has a PLG150-DX, if you could dust off the floppy disk and attach the two files here I would be forever in your debt.

Gary.

Hi Gary,

You are lucky, since I have those files. I keep original boxes with floppy disks, but I have save them to external hard disk as soon as I have receive it. So, if you need anything from that time for AN, DX or VL (PDF guides, files, etc.) I have it on that disk. I’m glad that it could be useful for someone, since obviosly Yamaha don’t keep files for obsolete equipment.

Alex

File Attachments
PLG150VL_floppy.zip  (File Size: 284KB - Downloads: 1128)
PLG150DX_floppy.zip  (File Size: 167KB - Downloads: 1121)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2012 @ 03:57 AM
garybeaman
Joined  09-15-2012

Thank you very much Alex,

Just what I needed.

Just waiting for my PLG150-VL to arrive now, and a Yamaha UX16 USB to MIDI cable to replace the cheap one I bought off Amazon that doesn’t work. :)

Got everything sorted now, DX Simulator, VL Editor and CS6X Voice Editor all working in Windows 8 64bit.

Thanks again,
Gary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2012 @ 09:57 PM
BobOD
Total Posts:  8
Joined  06-09-2006

Just saw your note on getting the old PLG boards to work under Win8 on the Motifator support forums and I was just trying to get them to work under Win7 with no luck. Can you tell me what the trick is?

I have them installed in an S90 and the editor for that does work, but the other apps don’t. I’ve installed the latest USB MIDI driver and Studio Manager, but I can’t get any of the editors to show up in order to be added to Studio Manager.

Any tips would be appreciated…

Bob O’Donnell

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2012 @ 07:20 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

BobOD - 23 November 2012 09:57 PM

Just saw your note on getting the old PLG boards to work under Win8 on the Motifator support forums and I was just trying to get them to work under Win7 with no luck. Can you tell me what the trick is?

I have them installed in an S90 and the editor for that does work, but the other apps don’t. I’ve installed the latest USB MIDI driver and Studio Manager, but I can’t get any of the editors to show up in order to be added to Studio Manager.

Any tips would be appreciated…

Bob O’Donnell

I am using MSI laptop (C2duo 2.2GHz, 4Gb RAM, Win 7 SP1) with installed Studio Manager 2.3.1 and the latest USB driver. I have installed editors for PLG boards (AN, VL and DX) without any issue, although I have read that only Win XP is supported OS. You didn’t say what type of Win 7 you are using? If it is 64bit version, then it is a problem. Those old apps could only work on 32bit OS.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2012 @ 04:55 PM
BobOD
Total Posts:  8
Joined  06-09-2006

Thanks for the note. Turns out I was using 64-bit, so I took the opportunity to reformat the drive and start all over with 32-bit Windows 7. However, I’m still having similar problems. I have installed the latest Yamaha USB driver, but I can’t get any of the Yamaha apps (S90 Editor, File Utility, DX Simulator, etc.) to work. I have put them all in compatibility mode for XP SP3 and now, ironically, the PLG board editors won’t even run. The File Utility Test mode works, but it can’t communicate within the regular app and the Voice Editor can’t send or receive data.

So, clearly there’s some issue with the driver. S90 does show up in the Control Panel so the driver is installed, just not working with the Yamaha apps.

Does it matter what order you install things? Or is there some other trick? (For example, like how you configure the MIDI Setup settings for the Yamaha apps?) I’ve tried several things and just can’t get it to work. So, any ideas would be appreciated.

Bob O’Donnell

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2012 @ 07:37 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

BobOD - 08 December 2012 04:55 PM

Thanks for the note. Turns out I was using 64-bit, so I took the opportunity to reformat the drive and start all over with 32-bit Windows 7. However, I’m still having similar problems. I have installed the latest Yamaha USB driver, but I can’t get any of the Yamaha apps (S90 Editor, File Utility, DX Simulator, etc.) to work. I have put them all in compatibility mode for XP SP3 and now, ironically, the PLG board editors won’t even run. The File Utility Test mode works, but it can’t communicate within the regular app and the Voice Editor can’t send or receive data.

So, clearly there’s some issue with the driver. S90 does show up in the Control Panel so the driver is installed, just not working with the Yamaha apps.

Does it matter what order you install things? Or is there some other trick? (For example, like how you configure the MIDI Setup settings for the Yamaha apps?) I’ve tried several things and just can’t get it to work. So, any ideas would be appreciated.

Bob O’Donnell

Bob,

I’ve checked where are my installations:
1) Studio Manager 2.3.1 (C:\Program Files\Yamaha\Studio Manager)
2) in the same folder are installed Editors (MultiEditor and Voice Editor for ES 6 and Rack XS Editor)
3) PLG Editors are installed in folder C:\Program Files\Yamaha\OPT Tools.
4) MIDI Setup is in the same folder as previous.

I could not remember that I have used any trick, but you should at first install Studio Manager,
than editors for your keyboard (PLG Host) and finally PLG Editors.
If you find something that I could further help you, contact me.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2016 @ 06:57 PM
javelin276
Total Posts:  31
Joined  07-30-2016

Yes, it does run!  I finally figured it out… quite by accident.
I know this is an old thread, but it deserves an answer even now.

I have XGWorks 3.0.7 running on my 64 bit machine (Windows 7) with no changes to the compatibility settings.  I also managed to find an ini file for version 3.0.5 which has support for the MU-1000/2000 tone generators.  Yamaha turned them off in version 3.0.7.  The files needed are still in the install package, but they turned off the menu selections which existed in the 3.0.5 version.  email me if you want the ini file.

XGWorks 3.0 Plugins:  An early version of the plugins will run on 64 bit Windows 7, you just have to know where to get them off the Yamaha Japan website, linked below (all one line in your browser).

http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?language=ja&site=jp.yamaha.com&asset_id=21294&category_id=16244&product_id=437394&1469906631;

Go to the bottom of the page and click the checkbox just above the grayed out file name ‘allplginw.zip (4.66mb)’ then click on the file name to download the file.

The file contains the following plugins for Windows XGWorks:

●AN Easy Editor V1.0.0 (Japanese menus, english captions)
●AN Expert Editor V1.0.0 (Japanese menus, english captions)
●DX Easy Editor V1.0.4
●DX Simulator V1.0.4
●PF Easy Editor V1.0.0
●SG Easy Editor V1.0.2 (Japanese everything)
●SG Lyric Editor V1.0.2 (Japanese warning, doesn’t launch)
●VH Effect Editor V1.0.5
●VL Visual Editor V1.0.9

When you run the install file, simply select the plugins you want to install into XGWorks and it does the rest.  They all seem to work on my 64 bit Win-7 machine, except for the SG-Lyric Editor which displays a warning message in Japanese.  I haven’t bothered to translate it since I don’t have that card.

The AN-editor menus and the SG-editors are in Japanese, but they run on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version.  It’s a small price to pay to get the dang things working.

You can also get the menu items working in Japanese characters rather than jibberish.  The plugins are non-unicode and you have to change the windows setting so it will display the Japanese characters correctly.  Once you have the Japanese characters, you can us google translate to figure out what they say.  Here’s how:

Go to Control Panel.
Click on “Clock, Language, and Region”. (If you view by Category)
Click on Region and Language. (If you view by Large Icons)
Click on the Administrative tab.
In the section for Language for non-Unicode programs, click on the Change system locale button.
Click on drop down and select Japanese.
Restart your computer for the changes to be made.
Now try your program again and the Japanese characters should be correctly displayed.

OK, there you go!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2016 @ 03:57 PM
drrddrrd
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-19-2016
javelin276 - 30 July 2016 06:57 PM

Yes, it does run!  I finally figured it out… quite by accident.
I know this is an old thread, but it deserves an answer even now.

javelin276, I just signed up to say thanks for your post. Havent seen this anywhere else and it’s solved all my Windows 10 PLG woes :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ fw16e Gain/Level
Next Topic:

Can’t store PLG150-AN User Patches ››