mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF8 Internal Sounds"

Posted on: November 21, 2011 @ 11:16 PM
maestro1971
Total Posts:  15
Joined  09-14-2011

I loaded the MK Sensation Sound Library in my XF8 and now some of my piano from the factory are gone. What did I do wrong, or where did they go? Help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2011 @ 12:07 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

See this thread

Reloading Factory Voices/Performances/etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2011 @ 01:34 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

See this link also:

Factory Data Locations

Be sure to BACK UP (SAVE) any user data you wish to keep to an XF formatted USB drive for re-install to your XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2011 @ 05:27 AM
maestro1971
Joined  09-14-2011

Thanks I did do a factory reset and restored the original, but when I tried to load the new samples in again, they disappeared again. I want to load new sounds in the motif and keep the original as well. I did instal a flash board. I went in an deleted sounds from the flash, but it still shows up in the user, although not every key plays in the sound. I just want to get rid of what I don’t want and keep what I want. How do I accomplish this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2011 @ 11:14 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I loaded the MK Sensation Sound Library in my XF8 and now some of my piano from the factory are gone. What did I do wrong, or where did they go?

Most likely you opted to use the wrong LOAD “TYPE” for what you wanted to accomplish. Here is what you need to know.

If you are working with an ALL data file (.X3A) this means that the person that created that file SAVED literally ALL of the user data that was in their XF at that time.

You can, if you select LOAD “TYPE” = ALL have your XF look exactly like theirs did when they saved that data. Everything (ALL) of their data will be loaded into your XF. ALL means all. All user data, all user programmable parameters including the UTILITY mode settings.

However, if you want to keep some of the user bank or other data that is in your XF, then you need to select a different LOAD “TYPE” because you do not want to replace ALL data.

The [FILE] > Load “TYPE” parameter can be set to many different options. Press [SF6] LIST to view a list of the avialable options. The items on the list may vary depending on what MODE you were in immediately prior to hitting the [FILE] button. That is if you were in PATTERN mode just prior to hitting [FILE], the XF will list “pattern” as one of the options. If you were in PERFORMANCE mode just prior to hitting [FILE], the “performance” will also appear on the list, and so on.

For example, if you select the LOAD “TYPE” = ALL WITHOUT SYSTEM - you will be able to load all of the data of the original author without their data overwriting your UTILITY mode settings (this includes how you have MIDI IN/OUT setup, your Favorites list, your Mix Templates, your Network setup, etc.)

If you select the LOAD “TYPE” = 1 BANK VOICE - you will be able to open the .X3A file and view each USER bank as an individually loadable entity: USER 1, USER 2, USER 3, USER 4 and DR USER. You can select one and target an internal location.

If you select the LOAD “TYPE” = VOICE - you will be able to open the .X3A file and view a list of the individual VOICES within each bank, simply touch the front panel buttons [USER 1], [USER 2], [USER 3], [USER 4] and [DR USER] to view the individual VOICES within each bank. You can select one and target an internal location.

If you select the LOAD “TYPE” = SONG - you will be able to open the .X3A file and view a list of the individual SONGs within the file. You can select one and target an internal location.

And so on. If you load back ALL then it replaces all the USER data in your Motif XF. If you realize that from within an ALL data file you can go and get the data that you want, is the key.

Say you want to load only 1 PERFORMANCE, you would be able to view the PERFORMANCE data in the file by first:
Go to PERFORMANCE mode
Press [FILE]
Because you are in PERFORMANCE mode the XF will list as one of the possibilities for LOAD “TYPE” = “Performance”

If you are in SONG mode and go to FILE, one of the LOAD “TYPE” options will be SONG. And so on.

So it is context sensitive. If you only want to load some portion of the ALL data file, you can. And you can target (direct it) any internal location of the same type.

Hope that helps.

Just to complete the thought, when you SAVE you have options as well. You can Save “ALL” (.X3A). You can Save “ALL SONGS” (.X3S)/ You can Save “ALL PATTERNS” (.X3P), You can Save “ALL WAVEFORMS” (.X3W), etc. from these files you can also extract individual data - by selecting the appropriate LOAD “TYPE”.

We have not gone specifically into talking about loading the “MK SENSATION” data to your FLASH BOARDS as you need to understand the basics of LOADING first. And we are not familiar with that particular LIBRARY. If you require specific help with loading that data, please provide us with the NAME of the file (the extension tells us the TYPE and how the data was prepared). LOADING the data that you want from this file is a matter of knowing where the author placed the new data. (Most libraries will not contain a complete set of 512 VOICES, typically you get a certain number of VOICES, a bank or less… so much of the data in the Library is probably full of “placeholder” Voices repeats of what’s in the factory set. You will need to determine in which bank the “new” data is housed, then you can go about loading either individual VOICES ("voice") or loading an individual bank ("1 Bank Voice").

On the lower right side of the [FILE] screen you will see the very IMPORTANT LOAD options for directing SAMPLES and WAVEFORMS ‘from the file’ > ‘USR/FL1/FL2’

Here you can direct the SAMPLES and WAVEFORMS into your current XF’s internal (USR SDRAM) or directly onto your FL1 or FL2 board. 

You can direct data from a FILE to your FLASH BOARD - this operation should be done with some care. You can also direct data from a FILE to your SDRAM (on-board USER memory) this will allow you to play the sound first, determine if it is one you want to “KEEP”. Once you make that determination, you can go about installing that data to your Flash Board (at least that is my recommendation) - the XF automatically re-points all of the VOICES that use that data to the place where it installs it on your FLASH Board. Doing this means when you create your own FILES the information about where your VOICE is going to look for and find the Waveforms and Samples is documented.

Now whenever you recall/load this VOICE data it will be able to find its Samples and Waveforms and sound properly.

Installing SAMPLES and WAVEFORMS should be done via a selective process; you can think of the FLASH BOARDS as your personal VAULT - you only want to place those SAMPLES and WAVEFORMS you deem valuable into your VAULT. Not only because it takes time initially to write them, but because it is simply a wise use of your FLASH memory.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2011 @ 01:04 PM
maestro1971
Joined  09-14-2011

Thanks Everyone

You are helping me understand a little more of what I need.

(Bad_Mister)
The MK Sensation was a sample library I bought off of this site. The specs are.

Piano library based on the Roland MKS-20 (S)

* Format: ALL (.X3A)
* Name: MKSensation.n2.X3A
* Size: 185.1 MB
* SDRAM OK: Yes. Special files sizes included (MKS Part A.n3.X3A / 99.3MB and
MKS Part B.n3.X3A / 88.3 MB)
* Voices: 32
* Performances: 8
* Bank loads to: User Bank 4 / Performance Bank 4
* Other versions: Motif XS, Motif ES

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
maestro1971 - 22 November 2011 01:04 PM

Thanks Everyone

You are helping me understand a little more of what I need.

(Bad_Mister)
The MK Sensation was a sample library I bought off of this site. The specs are.

Piano library based on the Roland MKS-20 (S)

* Format: ALL (.X3A)
* Name: MKSensation.n2.X3A
* Size: 185.1 MB
* SDRAM OK: Yes. Special files sizes included (MKS Part A.n3.X3A / 99.3MB and
MKS Part B.n3.X3A / 88.3 MB)
* Voices: 32
* Performances: 8
* Bank loads to: User Bank 4 / Performance Bank 4
* Other versions: Motif XS, Motif ES

I am the person who did the programming for this library.

Please go back and read the manual instructions (pdf) that was included
in the download. It explains EXACTLY how to load the library. There are
separate versions for “non-flashboard equipped” Motif XF’s, and “flashboard equipped” Motif XF’s. Please read the loading instructions
for your particular XF. If you read them carefully and follow them exactly, you will have no problem loading and accessing the voices.

The manual states, in big warning letters, that you need to backup any
data you have BEFORE you load the library.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2011 @ 03:40 PM
maestro1971
Joined  09-14-2011

First,

Thanks for the MK. I love it. Some of my favorite gospel keyboard players use this sound. Like Mike Bereal and Jason White.

I absolutely followed the directions. I have the 512 Flash installed, therefore, I followed those instructions. I did the back up to my usb stick for the motif sounds. It loaded in perfect to the location you said it would. I guess now when I go to the voice library, I no longer see the S6 piano in the list along with others.

Now what I have done is factory reset the keyboard a few times to and loaded the Mk a few times from the flash board.

When I load the Mk sounds in, I cannot find the S6 anymore. The MK is loaded in the User 4, but the S6 is not in User 1 anymore. How is that? It is two different Users.

Is it possible that I can verbally talk to you or someone. Everyone is not the same and everyone doesn’t understand the same.

Thanks
Art

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2011 @ 03:51 PM
maestro1971
Joined  09-14-2011

What I’m not understanding is before I load the new sounds in, the Natural Grand S6 Is in Voice/User 1 and now when I load the new sounds in, they went to user 4, so why has user 1 been affected when the new sounds did not go there. Now the User 1 is Everlasting Glory. This doesn’t make sense to me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2011 @ 03:55 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
maestro1971 - 22 November 2011 03:40 PM

[...]Is it possible that I can verbally talk to you or someone. Everyone is not the same and everyone doesn’t understand the same.

If you feel the necessity to speak to someone:
http://usa.yamaha.com/support/contact/keyboards_digitalpianos_phone/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2011 @ 06:06 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
maestro1971 - 22 November 2011 03:40 PM

First,

Thanks for the MK. I love it. Some of my favorite gospel keyboard players use this sound. Like Mike Bereal and Jason White.

I absolutely followed the directions. I have the 512 Flash installed, therefore, I followed those instructions. I did the back up to my usb stick for the motif sounds. It loaded in perfect to the location you said it would. I guess now when I go to the voice library, I no longer see the S6 piano in the list along with others.

Now what I have done is factory reset the keyboard a few times to and loaded the Mk a few times from the flash board.

When I load the Mk sounds in, I cannot find the S6 anymore. The MK is loaded in the User 4, but the S6 is not in User 1 anymore. How is that? It is two different Users.

Is it possible that I can verbally talk to you or someone. Everyone is not the same and everyone doesn’t understand the same.

Thanks
Art

Here’s what you missed - when you load the MKS Sensation “Flash” version, it does indeed replace the User 1, 2, and 3 banks with XS voices (because the library was updated to XF format from the XS version, which did not contain the S6 piano, or any of the “new XF factory voices” which are in user 1 on the XF.

So here’s what you do:

1. Delete all the samples from the flashboard, by pressing UTILITY, then F6, then choosing “Delete ALL’ and clicking “ok”. This will take a number of minutes. Then…
2. Restore the XF to its factory settings by pressing UTILITY, then JOB, then ENTER, then YES.
3. When this is done, Save the factory set onto USB as a new ALL file, calling it something like “XF Factory"). This will be your backup from which you can load individual voices after you load MKSensation.
4. Press FILE again, then set type to ”1 bank voice”. Scroll up to highlight the name “MKSensation” and press ENTER.
5. The next screen lists the banks that are in this library. Scroll down to select and highlight USR 4
6. Below the word ”Type”, next to the word ”Bank” set this to USR 4.
7. Set the destination, in the right side of the screen next to the words ”Load USR” to ”FL1” (if you are sending the samples to a flashboard installed in slot 1) or ”FL 2” (if your flashboard is installed in slot 2).
8. Press SF2 (Load) and then the YES button. The samples will start “burning” onto the flashboard. This will take awhile. Don’t turn off the XF or press cancel or any button - even it seems stuck, it is not, it will take several minutes.
9. When you see “completed” in the display, exit from FILE mode, press the VOICE button, then select USER Bank 4, and voice A1.
10. You will be able to see that in USER 1, the S6 piano is there, in location USER 1, A1.

Now, notice the text I highlighted in the quote from your post. This was a mistake. You do not need to do this, if you follow my instructions above.

[ Ignore ]