mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t sample a wav file loaded from a USB drive"

Posted on: October 27, 2011 @ 10:59 PM
jpondhawk
Total Posts:  45
Joined  02-26-2008

I have a XS6 and I’m trying to load a recorded wav file from one of my recorded songs, so I can sample it into an edited VOICE.

I can ‘load’ the wav from the file menu and ‘audition’ it in the integrated sampling set up in voice mode, but it won’t record. I have set it on ‘resampling’ for the input and it still doesn’t work. I hear no audio when I push the start button.

What I am trying to do is put the imported wave file on key C 5 on the “Diamond Head” Voice in Element 8. This way the wave file will play when I press the C 5 key. I have done this before with other voices and now it’s not working.

Does a wav file loaded from a USB thumb drive (16bit) have to be resampled or can it just be assigned to an element in voice?

Can someone tell me how to put this WAV on the Diamond Head Voice on key C5?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2011 @ 02:20 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m sorry, I may be misunderstanding you or you are misunderstanding how the sampling function works.

Does a wav file loaded from a USB thumb drive (16bit) have to be resampled or can it just be assigned to an element in voice?

If you load a sample into the XS from a USB drive you do not need to resample it to make a VOICE, you just need to make the VOICE.

Call up the VOICE: Diamond Head (lucy in the skies)
Press [FILE]
Set TYPE = WAV
Set the target as ELEMENT 8 of the Diamond Head Voice
Load the sample directly to ELEMENT 8 of the VOICE you want

If that is what you really want to do… Remember that when you load the sample to one of the ELMENTS of the VOICE it may be treated in kind with the other ELEMENTS in the VOICE. If i recall this Voice has some LO-FI effects and FLANGER etc. You may need to adjust the EFFECTS to hear the sample as you expect.

Go to the VOICE
Press [EDIT]
press [8] to view your newly loaded sample
Press [F1] OSCILLATOR

Here you can see where the Element is pointing to the USR location containing your sample.

If you do not hear it, BYPASS the EFFECTS. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2011 @ 06:02 PM
jpondhawk
Total Posts:  45
Joined  02-26-2008

Thanks Bad Mister…

It’s working now. You are correct about the sound.

I think I can work with the knobs to adjust it when I play it live.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Is it possible to sample other keyboards?
Next Topic:

Sampling with the Motif XF ››