mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Samples in my Motif 6 come out “crackly” and “staticy”"

Posted on: August 25, 2011 @ 07:54 PM
torsogong
Total Posts:  37
Joined  08-25-2005

I have hardly used my integrated sampler on my Motif 6 (30 waveforms), and it’s gotten to the point where I can’t use it any more. I have 64 Mb of memory in the sampler section (which I hear is perfectly fine). When I try to sample any sound AT ANY recording level and audition it, the recording is crackly. Furthermore, if on the rare occasion I do get a clean sample, then the next sample I do is a bad one, then the one I did before it becomes crackly too. Interestingly enough, I have some waveforms that have still never been corrupted. The problem up until now seemed random. I have always followed the sampling procedure to a tee with good results. This persistent problem just arose the last two dozen or so tries in making a sample.
I thank you ahead of time for any insight you may have.
Dave

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2012 @ 06:55 PM
torsogong
Total Posts:  37
Joined  08-25-2005

I finally found the problem. My source sounds are in .wav files on my computer. I am running my computer through a mixer to the A/D input of my Motif 6 (with an impedance matching transformer). The mistake I was making during recording the sounds to the sampler was I had the Motif’s mixer channels on at the same time. This was creating an overload/feedback loop, even though the line level looked fine in the Motif’s record window and wasn’t clipping. So the sound was going out from my computer through my mixer to the A/D input of my Motif, then through the output of the Motif back into the mixer, back into the A/D input, and so on. Now, when I record a sound from my computer, I just temporarily turn down the Motif ‘s mixer channels, then turn them back up after recording the samples to edit them. Problem solved.

[ Ignore ]