mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to sync my xs6 with computer???"

Posted on: April 01, 2011 @ 07:49 PM
Twigg
Total Posts:  21
Joined  03-29-2010

Hello fellow motifators!!!
I have a lap top with usb connections. Its a 32 bit AMD Athalon X2 dual core QL-60 1.90 Ghz, 4.00GB, using windows 7 ultimate.

I have uploaded cubase al that i got with my motif xs6. Its on my computer. I have also installed the drivers neccesary, and updated that driver recently.

Im having problems syncronizing my motif with my lap top!!

I also wish to say that im very happy with making music on my motif, and placing my completed pattern chains into song mode. Then completeing my project on song mode the way i wish. All i want to do is be able to take the final project from song mode and be able to put it on to cubase, and export my material so i am able to burn my completed songs onto a cd. Also ..am i able to do this with a gig stick and if so how?? I do have a usb connector chord from my motif to my lap top!!! Im shure i can use that.

I dont know where to go in cubase and in my motif to have this working together. Can some one help me with steps neccesary to complete this task?????

Thank You All !!!!!
TWIGG

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2011 @ 07:54 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

All i want to do is be able to take the final project from song mode and be able to put it on to cubase, and export my material so i am able to burn my completed songs onto a cd. Also ..am i able to do this with a gig stick and if so how?

If your goal is to make a .wav file so you can burn a CD, please see method 1 in the article below. You can create a .wav file directly to a USB Stick from the Motif XS without having to transfer anything to Cubase.

How to make a .WAV for CD / MP3 Creation

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2011 @ 09:25 PM
Twigg
Joined  03-29-2010

Alright so i got a usb stick and what ive done is this:

I plugged in my USB stick and went into SONG mode. I have a song ready to go. I went into the instructions to do this:

METHOD 1: AUDIO RECORD/PLAYBACK from USB drive
The quickest/easiet way to transfer your sequences to .WAV. This function added with Operating System 1.50.xx (and later) allows you to record from your Motif XS directly to the USB drive plugged into the USB TO DEVICE port. This function is added to the [FILE] function.

Connect your USB drive and select the SONG you wish to record (or PATTERN Chain)
(You can record your playing “live” if you wish to simply record a solo piano performance, for example) Simply select the mode you want to work in first the:
Press [FILE]
Press [F4] AUDIO
Press [SF1] REC
Give the wave file a name and press [ENTER]

So my pronlem is this, when i hit file, it recognizes my USB stick, BUT their is no AUDIO(F4) function as soon as i hit {FILE} in my song mode, i get a screen that reads:

(F1) is File (F2) is Mount (F3) is Format and i get only a (SF1) which is Save.
Now when i hit (SF1)Save, i get a screen that says Please select sample voice.

So you see i dont get the AUDIO (F4) function on my screen???? What do i do ????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2011 @ 02:24 PM
Twigg
Joined  03-29-2010

Alright, so i have done some exrta research and i noticed i might need Operating System update on my Motif xs.

I was wondering, after i download this update onto my USB, how do i get that update onto my motif xs??? Does it automatically download into my synth??

I dont seem to have a clear answer thru the manuals.

I believe this is the reason i dont have the AUDIO(F4) function as i stated in the above posts. Is that correct???? And if so, would some one direct me on how to update my synth with the Operating System 1.50 onto my MOTIF XS 6???

Thank You :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2011 @ 04:10 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The OS update package comes with instructions.

Download it, unzip it and then read the instructions.

[ Ignore ]