mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern mode"

Posted on: August 04, 2010 @ 05:56 PM
phat_chords@hotmail.com
Total Posts:  18
Joined  08-04-2006

Is it possible to use the arpeggiator and record an arpeggio in pattern mode.  If it is possible can someone please tell me how I can do this. 

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2010 @ 07:13 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums. We see from your profile that you own a Motif ES (it is important to include the product in your question as this site supports many different products, among them the Motif ES).

Is it possible to use the arpeggiator and record an arpeggio in pattern mode.  If it is possible can someone please tell me how I can do this.

Yes it is. There is a step-by-step with illustrations in the Owner’s Manual, please follow this and if you still have questions or you get stuck, then post back here…

Here is a link to the page:
Recording a rhythm pattern created by Arpeggio playback to a Pattern track

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2010 @ 09:18 AM
phat_chords@hotmail.com
Joined  08-04-2006

Thanks alot I will try that tonight. I have another question pertaining to “Pattern” mode.  I have a sound that I created in “Performance” mode and I wanted to know if there was a way for me to use that new sound when I am recording in “Pattern” mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2010 @ 10:31 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Read this article to learn how to use Performances in Song or Pattern modes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 08:11 AM
phat_chords@hotmail.com
Joined  08-04-2006

You guys are awesome!  I have another question about operating in pattern mode.  I have a pattern in section A that is 7 bars.  I want to add 2 more bars to the beginning of that 7.  Is it possible for me to do this without doing that whole pattern over?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 09:46 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have a pattern in section A that is 7 bars.  I want to add 2 more bars to the beginning of that 7.  Is it possible for me to do this without doing that whole pattern over?

Yes, it is. Before I explain how, it is important to realize that there is but one sequencer in the Motif ES… it has a linear SONG mode and a looping PATTERN mode. But it is the same sequencer. The two modes work together and there are jobs and functions that allow you to quickly and easily move data back and forth between them. This is particularly useful when you need to do something like you require.

PATTERN mode works with looping, cycling SECTIONS… so it is necessary to ‘tell’ the sequencer how many measures you are going to record BEFORE you record them. Obviously, this is so that it ‘knows’ when to start looping. In order to increase the number of measures in a PATTERN SECTION you will need to transfer the data to an empty linear SONG, then bring it back after adding two measures.

Here’s how: For this example we will assume that PATTERN 01 and SONG 01 are the ones being used. Your PATTERN can be anywhere and all you need to do is select any empty SONG.

Call up your PATTERN and SECTION [A] (7 measures)
Press [F6] CHAIN
Press [EDIT]
On the PATTERN CHAIN Event List insert SECTION [A] at measure 001

001 __ 4/4 ___ [A]

Press [F3] SONG
Set the dialog box that appears:

-------------------------
Convert to SONG
SONG 01
Measure 003
x without PC

This will take your 7 measures and write them out in measures 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of SONG 01 and by targeting measure 3 we have created two empty measures at the front/ Measures 1 and 2

Go to SONG mode call up SONG 01
Press [JOB]
Press [F6] SONG
Select the JOB 02 called; SPLIT SONG TO PATTERN > press ENTER
Setup the dialog box that appears:

------------------------
02: Split Song to Pattern
Measure 001 - 009
to
PATTERN 01 SECTION [A]

What you have done is send the data back to your PATTERN SECTION with two additional bars to the beginning. So now your PATTERN SECTION A will have 9 measure phrases in it.

You can clear the data in the SONG - we only used it temporarily to add the measures.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2010 @ 11:33 AM
phat_chords@hotmail.com
Joined  08-04-2006

Amazing! Thanks alot.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New versions of John Melas Motif Tools!
Next Topic:

how to create new sounds on a motif 6 ››