mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help"

Posted on: April 13, 2010 @ 02:11 AM
ljmcdaniel32006
Total Posts:  26
Joined  03-18-2010

I have the expand your world content loaded onto a USB flashdrive that I insert into my Motif XS8 on the same flashdrive I loaded a Wav file of a techno track. I converted the track from MP3 format to WAV format using AVS convertor. My question is how do I get the Wav file onto my Motif? When I go to file it only shows the expand your world content not the WAV file.  thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2010 @ 12:58 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

First, the FILE structure of the Motif XS is ’context sensitive‘ - what that means is you will only see a .WAV file if you set the TYPE = WAV

Press [FILE]
Set the TYPE parameter = WAV

You don’t mention what exactly you want to do with the WAV file. Again, the XS being ‘context sensitive’ if you want to load it a VOICE you would enter FILE mode from VOICE mode.

If you want to load it a PATTERN you would enter FILE mode from PATTERN mode. If you want to load it to a SONG you would enter FILE mode from SONG mode… the context in which you place the XS will determine what you can do.

If you simply want to play the .wav file
Press [FILE]
Press [F4] AUDIO
Select the File by name
Press [SF2] PLAY

Also the file must be 16-bit/ 44.1kHz, 22.05kHz, 11.025kHz or 5.5125kHz

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2010 @ 01:09 PM
ljmcdaniel32006
Total Posts:  26
Joined  03-18-2010

thank you Bad_Mister. I think I have a better idea now of how it works....on another note I’ve decided to read the manuel from start to finish so that will probably clear up some things as well.

[ Ignore ]