mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "catch midi signal on performance/pattern/song/whatever"

Posted on: April 09, 2010 @ 03:16 PM
shandree
Total Posts:  3
Joined  08-19-2006

Hi!

I’m wondering if there’s any possibility to move the cursor’s position to any specified position (minute) in Ableton Live (or other software) just by changing the Motif’s currently selected Performance/Song/Pattern (or the pattern’s section -> A-P)… whichever of these (did I forgot anything?), not important. Important is to move the cursor to the specified location.

I think it would be possible if I could catch the midi signal when the “change perf/song/pattern/section” button is pressed. But how?
I’d like to jump to the “next” song in Live, by doing what I described above.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
If it’s not possible then what would you suggest when, let’s say, I have a few songs and I want to send the cursor to the beginning of each song fast, simple, easy.

Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2010 @ 06:46 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
shandree - 09 April 2010 03:16 PM

Hi!

I’m wondering if there’s any possibility to move the cursor’s position to any specified position (minute) in Ableton Live (or other software) just by changing the Motif’s currently selected Performance/Song/Pattern (or the pattern’s section -> A-P)… whichever of these (did I forgot anything?), not important. Important is to move the cursor to the specified location.

I think it would be possible if I could catch the midi signal when the “change perf/song/pattern/section” button is pressed. But how?
I’d like to jump to the “next” song in Live, by doing what I described above.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
If it’s not possible then what would you suggest when, let’s say, I have a few songs and I want to send the cursor to the beginning of each song fast, simple, easy.

Thank you!

You will likely get an answer on this if you post your question on this site:

http://forum.ableton.com/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sending sysex message to Motif classic
Next Topic:

New versions of John Melas Motif Tools! ››