mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A Little Clarity on USER WAVES/ SAMPLES"

Posted on: January 31, 2010 @ 03:01 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

I have a few Voices,including Drums, that contain User Samples. I recently downloaded a file of Mark Rhodes samples offered on the ES section. I loaded them for audition before I loaded my usual All File for play and work.Examining them, I discovered that these samples are located where I already have User Waves.

My questions are..
1-Should I Load from “Voice”,after I have Loaded my All File, will these Waves overwrite the locations where I have existing User Waves?

2-If so,is there a way I can reassign the User Wave of these Mark 1 Voices to another User Location.

While I’m here,how do I edit the discription of these User Waves? The come up “_:EP Soft 1” or “_:BshSnrSwh”. I would like to qualify these Users as AP,Dr,EP etc. Is this possible.
Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2010 @ 12:06 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If you have user waves in your All file, then load that first.

When you load a new Voice that has user waves, the waves will be loaded into the next free slot but the voice program itself can’t know that so it will point to the wrong waves.

You’ll need to edit the new voice to point to the correct waves, then save a new All file if you plan on keeping the new voice.

There is a thread here on how to organize a voice bank that requires user waves, do a search of the Archives.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2010 @ 01:48 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Thanks, MBF
I usually don’t double post, but I did with this and got an answer on the other. I have put your answer together with the other and I “think” I have solved the issue(SpongeBob chimed in). It does boil down to the Voice finding the sample.

I seem to be having achive problems. I have trouble getting to old threads. I will look for the one that you have suggested.

Thanks again for posting up.

[ Ignore ]