mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading individual sample drum voices"

Posted on: January 03, 2010 @ 03:23 PM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

For some reason I can’t load individual user drum voices to XS from Drum Performer ES (Easysounds) or Studio Drums ES (DCP). Voices load but samples don’t.

Any hints?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2010 @ 04:48 AM
tuquoque
Joined  08-15-2007

It is time to end this long winding conversation with myself.

I bought a new pair of DIMMS (Kingston KVR133X64C3/512) and problem went away. It’s very interesting that you can load ALL files with samples but you can not load individual voices with samples.

Again, people do have selective memory so it is only logical the products created by us behave in a similar manner.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2010 @ 05:53 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It’s very interesting that you can load ALL files with samples but you can not load individual voices with samples.

This is not a true statement. You can definitely load individual VOICES and the samples they use will be loaded. Not sure where you are getting this impression. But, of course, you can!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2010 @ 07:05 PM
tuquoque
Joined  08-15-2007
Bad_Mister - 17 February 2010 05:53 PM

This is not a true statement. You can definitely load individual VOICES and the samples they use will be loaded. Not sure where you are getting this impression. But, of course, you can!

Well, it WAS true to me, believe it or not. But, as I said, the problem cured when I bought a new pair of DIMMS.

Before the new DIMMS I had problems loading individual voices with samples. The voice data loaded as usual but samples did not load at all or some loaded but some did not. For example when I loaded drum kits made by DSF the first two waveforms (bd & snares) loaded but all the other waveforms (hihats, rides & crashes) did not. When I loaded same bank as an ALL file, all the samples loaded as they should.

Same thing happened with many voice banks, some loaded allright all the time. I really tested many of them, and I didn’t buy my Motif yesterday so I know what I am doing and talking about.

Anyway, now everything works well again. Just wanted to share this in case someone has similar problems.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2010 @ 04:55 PM
tuquoque
Joined  08-15-2007

Now I found it! It wasn’t my DIMMS - there is a BUG in XS file system.

As I have wrote above, some of my XS files (DSF Drum Masters Classic) behave in a way that when you load individual voices, the XS loads the voice data but won’t load the waveforms. Waveforms load just fine when file is loaded as an ALL file.

I believe there is BUG in system how XS maps the samples. Under some unknown circumstances XS forgets waveform mappings. I found that corrupted ALL files can be fixed by storing individual voices one by one and then saving the file as an ALL file. It seems, that when stroring the voice, XS remaps the waveforms and after that the waveforms load as they should.

I would appreciate if someone could double check this for me. I can send one of the corrupted files from DSF classic drums. PM me.

EDIT: started a new thread about the issue: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/448403

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ CREATING NEW VOICES (DRUM KITS)
Next Topic:

Loading samples? ››