mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "At wits end trying to set up zones !"

Posted on: April 18, 2009 @ 10:23 AM
tony8028
Total Posts:  41
Joined  08-08-2008

Hi folks

Sorry to post an s90es question here...but posted at sninety.com and frankly I dont think anyone uses the boards there…

I am at my wits end trying set up zones in my s90es , which I believe uses the same programming as the motif or close?

Now this is something that on my Fantom X8 was so amazingly simple, i never even referred to the manual.

However...I have read the manual and I have read “beyond the manual” I cant see how do to the most basic thing in the world, set up a few sounds across the keyboard.

For example....here is what I am doing…

I go to MASTER MODE…

I hit JOB and select ZONE (4zone)

This then allows me to flick through some screens…

The only one I see that refers to program changes is the “PRESET” page...bank MSB bank LSB...(no idea what these stand for by the way) yet changing presets here doesnt seem to change what I am hearing.

Other than that, there is nowhere I can see that allows the user to change the voices that make up the performance.

Now, I concede that I am extremely stupid, because I cant see that anyone else has ever brought this topic up, everyone just seemed to work it out !

I am on the verge of returning this keyboard to the store, only because it’s just so over complicated.

I guess ever since the DX7 “algorithms” Yamaha have prided themselves on making gear that almost nobody can program....yet this keyboard takes it to a new level.

Any help would be great - or point me to a link or something !

thanks Tony

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2009 @ 01:07 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

See your other post

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording Vocals on a Song
Next Topic:

"Programming" Threads in Archive - read only ... ››