mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Your Most Useful Piece Of Kit ??"

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 11:46 AM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Total Posts:  327
Joined  05-31-2007

Ok Guys,

When you’re on stage, what the piece of kit that makes your life that much easier that you’d struggle without it ??

Any must have gadgets you can’t be without ??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 11:53 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Electricity....!

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 12:10 PM
jimandchris
Total Posts:  101
Joined  08-01-2002

HA. Can’t really dfine it. My kit works or it does not. I’m only as strong as my weakest link.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 12:16 PM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Joined  05-31-2007

That was just a shocking reply B_M !!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 06:31 AM
mo-z
Total Posts:  724
Joined  11-18-2005

An electric fan. Some stages I play on feel like a Suzy-Bake-Oven, so having an electric fan is a relief---the other keyboardist in our band, as well as our drummer also have electric fans in strategic places on stage.  Don’t let them see you sweat....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 03:58 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry…

On a serious note: I cannot get comfortable on stage without a good set of stereo monitors. When I hear myself well and feel good about how it sounds, I play better. Currently, I use a small setup like the StagePas system as my personal montiors…

I can send signal from its mixer to the main system, if necessary. ANd I don’t care if the front-of-house is stereo or not (I’d prefer it but...) But hearing myself in stereo improves how I feel about playing. Not hearing myself makes me wish I was doing something else…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 03:53 PM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Joined  05-31-2007

Monitors ?? Pah - such luxury !! LOL

I’m terrible though, I’m so self consious of my sound, I hate to think I’m overpowering everybody, even if I’m doing a solo.

In the old days, I had one piece of kit that I couldn’t do without, and that was my trusty Yamaha KX-5. Never left home without it. I keep looking out for a reasonably priced one now, and I’m contantly kicking myself for letting go…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 12:54 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

My Yamaha MEP4 when I’m using my WX5.  It does all the data fiddling for me so I can play all manner of voices without reprogramming them to work on BC (CC2) data, or leaves the data completely unchanged when I am playing a -VL voice (on the PLG150 or VL70m).  And the fact that I only paid $40 was a bonus!!

I use a Behringer FCB1010 to select patches; it also pulls the preset up on the MEP4 automagically.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2015 @ 11:56 PM
garyusinger
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-20-2015

Has anyone experience with using the MEP4 to convert program and control messages to SysEx messages?  I have a Begringer fcb1010 that I would like to use to control the arpeggiator on my Motif XS8 but the signal needs to be SysEx and the Behringer only sends CC and PC messages.  Will the MEP4 convert these messages to SysEx so that my motif will recognize them?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 06:36 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
garyusinger - 20 July 2015 11:56 PM

Has anyone experience with using the MEP4 to convert program and control messages to SysEx messages?  I have a Begringer fcb1010 that I would like to use to control the arpeggiator on my Motif XS8 but the signal needs to be SysEx and the Behringer only sends CC and PC messages.  Will the MEP4 convert these messages to SysEx so that my motif will recognize them?

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/475649/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Stage Monitors
Next Topic:

Collaboration remix ››