mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can you save as a .WAV to a USB flash drive on the MOXF8?"

Posted on: March 03, 2014 @ 04:37 AM
javierde
Total Posts:  5
Joined  03-03-2014

I’m almost sold on the MOXF8 but wanted to know if it’s possible to save as .WAV straight to a USB flash drive? The manual states that it can be done in the MIDI format but no mention of WAV, and I’d love to be able to avoid the step of connecting it to a computer to save it in WAV form.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2014 @ 04:58 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No. You cannot. Perhaps you want to look into getting the MOXF’s bigger brother… The Motif XF.
The MOXF does not have a sampler, it can LOAD .wav files but it cannot create them by itself. It has a built-in MIDI and audio interface to connect to a computer, and comes with a USB cable (everything you need) just connect it to your computer, install the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver, and you good to go.

You can create a .WAV file, without a computer by connecting the output of your MOXF directly to a device like Yamaha PR7 POCKETRAK handheld recorder, which can take a direct line level Input.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2014 @ 05:08 AM
javierde
Total Posts:  5
Joined  03-03-2014
Bad_Mister - 03 March 2014 04:58 AM

No. You cannot. Perhaps you want to look into getting the MOXF’s bigger brother… The Motif XF.
The MOXF does not have a sampler, it can LOAD .wav files but it cannot create them by itself. It has a built-in MIDI and audio interface to connect to a computer, and comes with a USB cable (everything you need) just connect it to your computer, install the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver, and you good to go.

You can create a .WAV file, without a computer by connecting the output of your MOXF directly to a device like Yamaha PR7 POCKETRAK handheld recorder, which can take a direct line level Input.

Such a shame! This is something I like about the Korg Krome/Kross (I was told it was possible by an employee at a Music store) but I much prefer that Yamaha sounds. What is the simplest way to save as WAV on the Mac (I guessed GarageBand?).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2014 @ 06:51 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What you find easy is a personal thing. And we agree, it pays to get the better sounding instrument, because ultimately your results will be more satisfying.

I find setting up and recording to Cubase easier than GarageBand - but your mileage may vary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2020 @ 06:40 AM
mgmmusic
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-26-2020

Yes, for any keyboard, just hook up a digital recorder to the stereo outputs, record the song, then download it to your computer. I just did it like 7 minutes. I use an old used Zoom H2 Recorder, works great! Here is a new one: https://www.ebay.com/p/99300734. BUT, I am sure there are a bunch of used ones out there.
Have fun!
Marty

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Kontakt to MOXF? (Scarbee Rhodes and Motif Creator)
Next Topic:

Recording Song to my DAW ››