mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "3 parter here! Merging songs to create a medley"

Posted on: March 06, 2020 @ 07:32 PM
rich32822
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-08-2008

Greetings! So I posted this originally on the ES Rack Forum. And I did get some assistance.

First, what I am trying to accomplish is to take 2 Midi files and connect them so that a second song starts at the end of a first song edited to end in the middle essentially creating a medley of the 2 songs. I need voice and tempo date to change as well. 

I’m learning about F6 chain now. I’m Wondering if there is another way to accomplish this?

Secondly, I’ve edited the first song. The music stops at bar 65, however the file plays on until bar 68. There is no data that I can see. How can I end the song at the end of bar 65? Essentially how do I delete whatever is lingering in the background in bars 66-68? I’ve cleared and deleted the measures already.

Thirdly, is there a way to take the W7S/W8S files that are created in the Motif and open them to edit the files other than using the Motif?

Thanks so much for the assistance!

Rich

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2020 @ 10:29 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
rich32822 - 06 March 2020 07:32 PM

Greetings! So I posted this originally on the ES Rack Forum. And I did get some assistance.

For those wanting to follow along, this is where it started:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/481737/

rich32822 -

First, what I am trying to accomplish is to take 2 Midi files and connect them so that a second song starts at the end of a first song edited to end in the middle essentially creating a medley of the 2 songs. I need voice and tempo date to change as well. 

I’m learning about F6 chain now. I’m Wondering if there is another way to accomplish this?

Secondly, I’ve edited the first song. The music stops at bar 65, however the file plays on until bar 68. There is no data that I can see. How can I end the song at the end of bar 65? Essentially how do I delete whatever is lingering in the background in bars 66-68? I’ve cleared and deleted the measures already.

There’s usually no reason to clear a measure if you’re going to delete it. When working at the end, I usually just delete one additional measure to make sure there are no events hanging over into the next measure. For what you mentioned…
From the SONG Play screen:
Press [JOB]
Press [F4] MEAS
Select JOB 02: Delete Measure
Press [ENTER]
Set the Measure range = 066 - 69
Press [ENTER]
...should work, although it may leave a single blank measure at the end.

See page 231 of the ES Owner’s Manual, {b][F4] MEAS (Measure Job) for details.

If that doesn’t do the trick, let us know.

If you want the Song(s) rendered to audio, see this:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_motif_es_transferring_songs_to_a_computer_resampling
Once both Songs are converted to WAV files, there are utilities that will allow the files to be merged and otherwise edited.

rich32822 -

Thirdly, is there a way to take the W7S/W8S files that are created in the Motif and open them to edit the files other than using the Motif?

I’ve got an XS and XF, and haven’t had a need to do what you’re asking about with ES “All Song” files, so I can’t help with that. Hopefully another Motifator member will provide some insight.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2020 @ 10:58 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

By the way, you might want to work with copies of the Songs (to avoid accidental outcomes), and don’t forget to [STORE] any changes you want to keep.

[ Ignore ]