mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trouble with the 1024 flasboards …"

Posted on: October 17, 2019 @ 01:58 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Hi there, recently I installed 2 flashboardjs, 1 GB each. The formatting didn’t take ‘seconds’ but about 15 minutes (each FL). Using them seemed tot work fine. But when powering up the next day, it didn’t work as I aspected. The samples where there (FL board 60% full) but they didn’t ‘sound’ when playing voices that use those samples (worked fine when I frist loaded the samples to both FL1 and FL2). Could there be something wrong with the boards, or are they not perfectly right installed? Formatting again takes again more thant 10 mintues.. Hope anyone could help me out/ any idea what’s wrong here? Thanks, kind regards, Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2019 @ 06:57 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Michiel D - 17 October 2019 01:58 AM

Hi there, recently I installed 2 flashboardjs, 1 GB each. The formatting didn’t take ‘seconds’ but about 15 minutes (each FL).

In my experience it can take even somewhat longer than 15 minutes to format a 1024MB/1GB flash module.

Michiel D -

Using them seemed tot work fine. But when powering up the next day, it didn’t work as I aspected. The samples where there (FL board 60% full) but they didn’t ‘sound’ when playing voices that use those samples (worked fine when I frist loaded the samples to both FL1 and FL2). Could there be something wrong with the boards, or are they not perfectly right installed?

There are a few possibilities.

Michiel D -

Formatting again takes again more thant 10 mintues.. Hope anyone could help me out/ any idea what’s wrong here? Thanks, kind regards, Michael

1) Press [UTILITY] > [F6](Flash)
2) Highlight a Waveform in the List.
3) Play the keyboard - or press [SF5](Audition), but be careful of volume.
4) Repeat step #2, etc.

Do the Waveforms produce sound?
(Check FL1 and FL2 if there are Waveforms on both.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2019 @ 07:16 AM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

Thanks for your reply! I formatted the boards again, than loaded individual banks (from a XS all file, 1 bank voice procedure). Shut down, started up again and ... samples still in place, it all works just fine.
I remember that my first attempt to use the boards I loaded the ‘all’ file with the load ‘all’ procedure.
Could this cause the trouble (it is ‘compatible’ but an all file from an XS contains 3 user banks not 4 for exemplel..)?
I’ll let you know if the next time I start up the FX the samples still are in their place and working, maybe (I hope!) just some little startup problems...). Kind regards, Michiel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2019 @ 07:32 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Since the XS sample memory uses DIMMs, not flash modules, all samples load to SDRAM. If an XS file is loaded to an XF, by default the samples will go to the XF’s SDRAM ("USR" memory), not to a flash module. SDRAM is volatile memory, and the samples will be lost when power is turned off.

I suggest that you become familiar with the Load options:
USR > ---
FL1 > ---
FL2 > ---

For XS files being loaded to an XF, USR should be directed to either FL1 or FL2.

See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules
--- and ---
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/flash_board_session

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2019 @ 08:27 AM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

I read the support article and did change the destination of the samples from USR to FL1 (or FL2) (wouldn’t fit into the 128mb SDRAM). The support article helps, but for a beginner it still is a quite streep learnig curve, especcially where the description of the steps say thing like ‘select the bank’ but not ‘select the bank where you want to place your voices/samples (i.e. ‘destination’). Especially with ‘1 bank voice option’ this is critical, where the support article chooses to show the screenshots from the ‘all’ type file. But making notes helpen (I assume here’s the ‘source’ bank I want to load, here’s the ‘destination’ bank I select ..). Though .. it now seems to work just fine. Checken tonight again if all the material is still in place when I fire up the XF ..  :  )

[ Ignore ]