mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help MOXF 6 I think I accidentally did a factory reset"

Posted on: September 23, 2019 @ 03:37 AM
chizo777
Total Posts:  3
Joined  09-23-2019

Help. I was storing a song on my MOXF6 and had my finger on the power button and by accident let go of the power button while the pattern was storing. When I turned my keyboard back on all of my patterns and songs that I have created are gone.  It was almost like it has somehow done a system restore. Please tell me there is a way to get all of my patterns and songs back.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2019 @ 04:05 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Do you have a backup?
On USB flash drive?
If not, I don’t know any way in which to get it back. On the other hand, I’ve never seen anyone posting about a scenario like yours neither.
AFAIK, there’s no temp storage like on Elektron’s gear, so there won’t be anything to restore from apart from an USB drive.

Best of luck and hopefully I’m wrong!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2019 @ 05:09 AM
chizo777
Joined  09-23-2019

I did back up most of my stuff. A few new things I have created I did not back up so if the problem cant be fixed Im only losing a few of the newer tracks. But I am hoping there is a remedy. I have never seen or heard of anything like this happening before. If no one on the forum has a remedy next move will be contacting Yamaha. Thank you for chiming in.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2019 @ 07:52 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
chizo777 - 23 September 2019 03:37 AM

Help. I was storing a song on my MOXF6 and had my finger on the power button and by accident let go of the power button while the pattern was storing. When I turned my keyboard back on all of my patterns and songs that I have created are gone.  It was almost like it has somehow done a system restore. Please tell me there is a way to get all of my patterns and songs back.

There’s an area of memory that catalogs stored Patterns and Songs. When one is stored, the catalog gets updated/rewritten. Typically the original data is deleted before the updated data is written. If power is interrupted during the process, that data can be lost.

It’s unfortunate that you ran into such a problem.

chizo777 - 23 September 2019 05:09 AM

I did back up most of my stuff. A few new things I have created I did not back up so if the problem cant be fixed Im only losing a few of the newer tracks. But I am hoping there is a remedy. I have never seen or heard of anything like this happening before. If no one on the forum has a remedy next move will be contacting Yamaha. Thank you for chiming in.

Obviously it’s never good to remove power during a memory write. It’s unlikely that Yamaha will be able to help, but if they have a solution, please post again and let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2019 @ 04:17 PM
chizo777
Joined  09-23-2019

Thanks for the input. I have reached out the Yamaha and am waiting to hear back from one their synth guys. Hopefully this is a fixable problem. I am going to remain optimistic and say a little prayer. Maybe there is work around to fix this.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pattern Sequencer & Jobs Added in Montage OS 3.0!!!!!
Next Topic:

Suggestions needed ››