mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Song Mode: Voices transposing randomly on their own"

Posted on: August 22, 2019 @ 11:39 AM
kiddo
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-22-2019

MOX8

I created a new Song via Song/Mixing/
1 = French Horns/Trombones
2 = Lush Strings
3 = Power (Horn) Section

As as I play through the voices, #1 and #3 randomly transpose one-half step up on their own. Turning the keyboard off will reset the tuning, but then it reverts back to transposing itself as I play. I’ve checked all the settings and parameters I know to check.

I have 25+ other Songs and Performances that I’ve created and used for several years and they’re all working just fine.  Only the new Song is having this issue.

Ideas:
1. The keyboard just got out of the shop where they replaced 3-4 keys.  Wondering if the Transpose button is not making a good connection? If that’s the case, it seems that it would affect all of my Songs & Performances, not just the new one.

2. One mistake I know I made when creating this song is that I turned on “with parameters” AFTER I chose each voice. Would that cause this to happen?

Other ideas?
Thanks alot.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2019 @ 05:43 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Does it happen regardless of if the sequencer is playing or not?
Just to rule out that you’ve accidentally recorded some pitch bend.

Oh, and of course, anything connected? Foot controller? MIDI cable? USB with anything running on the computer?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2019 @ 01:12 PM
kiddo
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-22-2019

Hi Zpink.

I’m not using the sequencer on this one at all, just playing basic straight voices in Song Mode. Nothing is connected except a volume pedal and a sustain pedal. Maybe it’s just being glitchy. Thinking about doing a factory reset tonight and uploading my Songs/Performances again. Makes me nervous though. Right now I only have one problem; I don’t want to create a bunch more…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2019 @ 03:27 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014
kiddo - 26 August 2019 01:12 PM

Hi Zpink.

I’m not using the sequencer on this one at all, just playing basic straight voices in Song Mode. Nothing is connected except a volume pedal and a sustain pedal. Maybe it’s just being glitchy. Thinking about doing a factory reset tonight and uploading my Songs/Performances again. Makes me nervous though. Right now I only have one problem; I don’t want to create a bunch more…

If it wasn’t for the fact that your other songs weren’t affected, I’d suggest trying without even the volume and sustain pedals.
Does it happen on these voices when in voice mode at all?

Seems weird....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need to download MOX6/MOX8 Remote Tools v1.1.3
Next Topic:

MOX not turning on ››