mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Waveform full message while loading an “All” file I saved yesterday. Help please!!!"

Posted on: April 19, 2019 @ 08:45 PM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

I saved this All file that I’ve been working on with its samples hoping I’d be able to load it back up without any trouble. Surprisingly now I’m getting this “Waveform full” alert and my project is not loading. In danger of losing hard work I need help from anyone who’s ever come across this issue. BadMister if he’s still around I’d appreciate your help.

I did select both a flash driver and FL1 as the destinations. None of them are loading. The file did save indeed because I can see it on the list under the name I gave to it. it just won’t load after numerous attempts.

Using motif XF6, please see attached photo.
Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2019 @ 11:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

How large (MB) is the “All” file?

What is the complete file extension for the file? (Ex: .n2.X3A)

What settings did you use for the Load options?
USR > ?
FL1 > ?
FL2 > ?

Loading a file with incorrect settings can cause duplication of Waveforms, and eventually the memory capacity will be exceeded.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2019 @ 12:40 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Hi 5pinDIN, I am so glad to see you again after a long time. Your questions and remarks are really on point as they really address the issue I’m running into. I’m hoping you can help me resolve this situation of stalemate.

The file extension is exactly like the example you gave: .n2.X3A

While loading for the first time I just went with the prompt:

Device: MySounds usb (External Flash drive)a thumb drive.

type : all
load: user->user
FL1 -> FL1
FL2 ->FL2

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2019 @ 01:32 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Hi again 5pinDIN

size of the All file : 377.1MB

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2019 @ 08:01 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

OK, here’s what we know:
1) The file content is too large to load to the XF’s User flash memory (USR), which is only 128MB.
2) The .n2 file extension indicates there’s no content for FL2, so the samples are destined to load to FL1.
3) Loading…
USR > USR
FL1 > FL1
FL2 > FL2
...will cause all Waveforms in the file to be stored in FL1 even if they’re already there, but there may not be room to do that, leading to the “Waveform full” message.

Therefore…
As a first step, I suggest setting Load options this way:
USR > USR
FL1 > None
FL2 > None
That should allow the file to load without the XF trying to add more Waveforms. (If that doesn’t work, let us know before going further.) If that’s successful, the next step would be to determine how much duplication of Waveforms there is in FL1.

To check for duplicate Waveforms, see the section Increasing the available memory of the Flash Memory Expansion Module on page 15 of the Motif XF Supplementary Manual (https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/4/325614/motifxf_v150_en_nf_c0.pdf).

Depending on the degree of duplication found, you may decide to remove duplicates one-by-one, or reformat FL1 and start fresh. Either way, once done save a new “All” file.

This support article goes into details concerning flash module usage:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2019 @ 01:02 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

5pinDIN

You mean physically removing FL1 and formatting it? Isn’t FL1 some type of memory that saves data in it? if so I’m sure I have more stuffs saved in it. Is there a way around that?
I understand Motifs series aren’t manufactured anymore, can you tell me if it’s still possible/easy to get a FL2 that I want to eventually add to the XF6.

Finally what’s the easiest way to see what’s inside the FL1? Its contents.
thanks

Now going to try the above recommended steps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2019 @ 02:15 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Mlg4ever - 20 April 2019 01:02 PM

5pinDIN

You mean physically removing FL1 and formatting it?

No. Formatting doesn’t require removal, it’s done by a routine in the XF. An “All” file stored “with sample” (such as your 377MB one) should restore the contents when loaded after the module is formatted.

Mlg4ever -

Isn’t FL1 some type of memory that saves data in it? if so I’m sure I have more stuffs saved in it. Is there a way around that?

FL1 is a flash memory module. The data stored in it is samples and the Waveforms organizing them.

Mlg4ever -

I understand Motifs series aren’t manufactured anymore, can you tell me if it’s still possible/easy to get a FL2 that I want to eventually add to the XF6.

Yamaha made 512MB and 1024MB/1GB flash modules. Mutec made aftermarket 512MB, 1GB, and 2GB ones.

Motifator has this available:
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/memory/512mb-xf-flash-board.html

Do a web search for other suppliers and capacities.

Mlg4ever -

Finally what’s the easiest way to see what’s inside the FL1? Its contents.

Press [UTILITY], then [F6](Flash}.
The “Total size” and “Free size” will be displayed, as will the Waveform List.

Mlg4ever -

Now going to try the above recommended steps.

I would suggest you do that - it should help to clarify things.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2019 @ 01:15 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

HI 5pinDIN,

Happy Easter weekend I hope.

Easter, guests and more… over the weekend, I got a little sidetracked. I’m back now.

First thing first, thank you 5pinDIN, I recovered my work thanks to the suggested setting. It loaded pretty easily and faster than I expected. Almost surreal, a while ago I thought I’d never be able to get it back. What a wonderful Easter present to me!

Question:

Lately I’ve been on top of the NI MASCHINE STUDIO a lot just because of the trend. it seems nowadays the industry is using them a lot. I came back to my motif XF to revisit some projects including the one I almost lost.
How relevant is the motif to the current state of affairs in the musical industry. Are top studios and producers using it at all, do they still make the cut for the must-have studio tools? Especially since Yamaha moved on from the motif with the release of the Montage series. ---[ease of use being the factor],Not that I’d mind personally, I like digging into things. However, generally speaking for the common users.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Create split layer config with sustain ON for some parts
Next Topic:

Song Mode ››