mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Issue with 1024Mb flash module"

Posted on: April 13, 2019 @ 02:48 PM
sammyhunk
Total Posts:  23
Joined  10-07-2013

Hey awesome forum,

I just bought and installed a 1024 MB flash module onto my Xf6. I formatted it in UTILITY but when I shut off the motif and turn it on again it says unformatted module detected and asks me to format again. This keeps happening.

Also (maybe related) when I am trying to load the inspiration in a flash content onto the board using TYPE ALL no waveforms get saved onto the module and I cannot hear most of the new voices.

I only have one flash module and have installed it in FL2. Not sure if that’s the issue…

HELP???

Samik.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2019 @ 05:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
sammyhunk - 13 April 2019 02:48 PM

Hey awesome forum,

I just bought and installed a 1024 MB flash module onto my Xf6. I formatted it in UTILITY but when I shut off the motif and turn it on again it says unformatted module detected and asks me to format again. This keeps happening.

There could be a simple explanation. The following is from one of my previous posts:
----------------------
The problem might be a connection issue. The electrical connectors used by the flash modules have 120 contacts. In order to make reliable connections, pressure has to be applied evenly when mounting a module. If it’s somewhat off-angle, even if the screws are tightened, it’s possible for some connections to not be made correctly. Pages 76-77 of the XF Owner’s Manual explain the procedure for installing the modules. I’d suggest that you remove and reinstall the flash module. Pay particular attention to step 4-2 on page 77. It’s important to press at the center of the module as shown in that step - the operative word is “firmly”. Tighten the screws snugly and evenly.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php?ACT=39&fid=161&aid=14978_PgVaxXCcGUsXGlsDXz0b
----------------------

sammyhunk -

Also (maybe related) when I am trying to load the inspiration in a flash content onto the board using TYPE ALL no waveforms get saved onto the module and I cannot hear most of the new voices.

I only have one flash module and have installed it in FL2. Not sure if that’s the issue…

HELP???

Most sample libraries default to installing the Waveforms to FL1. Since you have only one flash module, I suggest that you move it to the FL1 position, install it carefully as described above, and see if the problems are resolved.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2019 @ 06:01 PM
sammyhunk
Total Posts:  23
Joined  10-07-2013

Thanks 5PinDIn. You da man!

I did both - re-installed in FL1 and pushed the contacts firmly. Not sure what was the problem before, but it works beautifully now - have been able to install the entire “Inspiration in a Flash” premium content, and having a blast!!! :)

Cheers!
Samik.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2019 @ 10:31 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
sammyhunk - 16 April 2019 06:01 PM

Thanks 5PinDIn. You da man!

I did both - re-installed in FL1 and pushed the contacts firmly. Not sure what was the problem before, but it works beautifully now - have been able to install the entire “Inspiration in a Flash” premium content, and having a blast!!! :)

Cheers!
Samik.

You’re welcome - I’m glad that worked.

In my experience problems are usually with the installation - the flash modules themselves are typically reliable.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Saving Performances to USB MOXf8
Next Topic:

ALL File from Motif XF7 to MODX7 ››