mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Leslie simulator and distortion don’t seem to work on organ voices on my new MOXF8"

Posted on: April 24, 2017 @ 10:31 PM
swcomer
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-24-2017

I am an experienced S90 user and I recently purchased an MOFX8 because I could no longer put up with keys sticking on the S90. However one thing I loved about the S90 were the Hammond voices. The Rocky, Progressy, and Crunchy have been my goto voices for a really grungy Hammond sound.

I tried a floor model of the MOFX8 and these voices just wailed. Great distortion and Leslie vibrato just like on my S90. So I have been very distressed that right out of the box all three of these voices sound flat and bland on my new MOFX8. No distortion and no Leslie. When I push on the mod wheel nothing happens.

Any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2017 @ 11:30 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

What happens with those Voices if you press (turn on) the ASSIGNABLE FUNCTION 1 button?

Make sure you have INSERTION effects turned on (button lit).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2017 @ 05:10 PM
swcomer
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-24-2017

Thanks for the help! I think I figured it out sort of. I was adding these organ voices in performance mode after using the layer function to create the performance. Apparently the distortion and leslie sim don’t kick in on the 3rd and 4th parts, at least not for me, but they work on parts one and two. So to work around this, I just made sure the organ was in part one. Very strange, but it’s manageable.

My most used performance is acoustic piano, Hammond organ, and synth pad in the treble with electric bass on the bottom. So I just re-arranged the parts.

I have to admit I panicked a bit this being a brand new keyboard. There’s a lot to explore. Thanks again for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2017 @ 06:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
swcomer - 25 April 2017 05:10 PM

Thanks for the help!

You’re welcome.

swcomer -

I think I figured it out sort of. I was adding these organ voices in performance mode after using the layer function to create the performance. Apparently the distortion and leslie sim don’t kick in on the 3rd and 4th parts, at least not for me, but they work on parts one and two. So to work around this, I just made sure the organ was in part one. Very strange, but it’s manageable.

My most used performance is acoustic piano, Hammond organ, and synth pad in the treble with electric bass on the bottom. So I just re-arranged the parts.

You shouldn’t have to “manage” this. The MOXF can have Insertion Effects simultaneously applied on up to eight Parts, so certainly the four Parts of a Performance aren’t an obstacle. However, the switch has to be on for each Part.

From Performance Part Edit mode…
[F2]OUTPUT > [SF2]EF SEND (Effect Send)
Make sure InsEF (Insertion Effect Part Switch) is on for the desired Parts. See page 67 of the MOXF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478).

In addition, whenever bringing Voices into Parts of a Performance (or Song/Pattern), you might want to have P.WithVce (Parameter with Voice) turned on before selecting each Voice. See page 64 of the Reference Manual.

swcomer -

I have to admit I panicked a bit this being a brand new keyboard. There’s a lot to explore. Thanks again for your help!

You’re right, there’s lots to learn about. Have fun, and ask again if something isn’t clear.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2019 @ 01:03 PM
DallasXanadu
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-20-2015

The Rocky, Progressy, and Crunchy have been my goto voices for a really grungy Hammond sound.

Where did you find those sounds? I don’t see those in my preset voice list.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2019 @ 01:09 PM
DallasXanadu
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-20-2015
DallasXanadu - 07 April 2019 01:03 PM

The Rocky, Progressy, and Crunchy have been my goto voices for a really grungy Hammond sound.

Where did you find those sounds? I don’t see those in my preset voice list.

Oops, found them....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Some MOXF Questions
Next Topic:

Sounds differs in performance mode and song mixing ››