mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF—Control 4 Part Volumes of Performance?"

Posted on: November 22, 2018 @ 12:50 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I was in Guitar Center tonight and could have sworn I saw a Yamaha advertising sign for the new “improved” MOXF(?) with more polyphony, etc, but also specifically stating that it was now possible to directly control individual Part Volumes in Performance mode?

Or was I misreading an advertising for the new MODXF?  In which case, IT has that feature? Or was I hallucinating it all? (A distinct possibility.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2018 @ 02:32 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

On the MOXF, if you press both of the ‘Knob Function Buttons’ at the same time, the 8 knobs turns into Volume and Pan for the 4 parts.

So you didn’t hallucinate. ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2018 @ 04:08 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
zpink - 22 November 2018 02:32 PM

On the MOXF, if you press both of the ‘Knob Function Buttons’ at the same time, the 8 knobs turns into Volume and Pan for the 4 parts.

Indeed - and if you do that in Voice mode, the eight knobs can individually control Element volume levels.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2018 @ 04:36 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014
5pinDIN - 22 November 2018 04:08 PM
zpink - 22 November 2018 02:32 PM

Indeed - and if you do that in Voice mode, the eight knobs can individually control Element volume levels.

That I didn’t know.
You Sir, deserve your Legend title!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2018 @ 05:29 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

So this was a software change added to the latest OS update? I’ve had it all along? Dang. It’s a pretty good make-do (without adding hardware) that certainly makes it easier to quickly make adjustments. And, theoretically, you can use it in the midst of a live situation since the knobs don’t react till you actually touch one and the screen goes back to the current Performance display within a second or two of releasing the knob. For me, this is vital since I use Arps on the fly in live performance. In previous OS the only way to have access to the individual Part Volumes was to go INTO the menu two levels and that of course reassigned the SF1-6 buttons, so no Arp changes till you went back OUT two levels. A lot of keystrokes, a lot of brain/visual multi-tasking required. In the update, provided you have the Parts in a L-R order that you have memorized, you can pretty quickly grab a knob, tweak it, and go right back to what you were doing. You can leave it in the special Knob mode for the whole Performance.  My only gripe is that the upper/lower knob functions do not revert back to where they were before you hit the two simultaneously. It defaults to function 1 on each set (I have my Performances built with custom Knob Function selections, which get saved with the Performance.) But that’s a small price I guess. This Part Volume/Pan function will certainly get used by me. I only wish I’d known about it sooner!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2018 @ 07:37 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
zpink - 22 November 2018 04:36 PM

That I didn’t know.
You Sir, deserve your Legend title!

Thanks for the kind words.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2018 @ 07:43 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 22 November 2018 05:29 PM

So this was a software change added to the latest OS update? I’ve had it all along? [...]

As far as I know, that functionality was there from the beginning. Let’s see…

OK, I just checked, and it’s in the Owner’s Manual. See the HINT on page 30 for Voice mode, and page 36 for Performance.

I’m not sure what Guitar Center was referring to.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Creating a Split
Next Topic:

Final Countdown pad for MOXF ››