mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User arp: addings new arp patterns by loading 1 voice with a new user arp?"

Posted on: October 29, 2018 @ 04:59 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Hi there, I’m trying to figure out how far I can come withouten using the Arp editor software (I prefer working with my synths withouten using a computer). I have a file with user arp patterns (once assembled for me by a friend who did use the editor). That file is part of my custum ‘all’ file that I load when using my XS(6).

Now I want to add (load) a single voice from an additional library that I bouthgt from the motifator shop.
This voice contains several (new) arp patterns (user arp). My question is: when I load this single voice (with my custom file in place) will the new user arp patterns from this single voice be added to the user arps in the XS or will the user arps from the one voice ‘overwrite’ the user arps (file) in the XS?

I hope that it is added so I can save a new ‘ all arp patterns’ that contains my custum arp file + the 3 extra user arp patterns from this single voice I added. Could all try this out but it’s nice to know what to expect and how things werk/ are thought out on the XS ... So thanks for any explanation! Michiel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2018 @ 10:03 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Loading new Arps will overwrite the previously loaded ones.

If you have a Windows computer and can temporarily put aside your preference to not use such, see…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477144/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2018 @ 05:54 AM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

Thanks for your reply mr 5pinDIN, I found the software but unfortunately it won’t run on my laptop (first screen I have to assign screen resolution, but after that, the program disappears/ won’t run...). Maybe the laptop is too new? (windows version?)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2018 @ 07:06 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Sorry - I wrote the program about 2.5 years ago on a computer running Windows XP, and checked it on Windows 7. However, others have used it on up to Windows 10.

Which version of Windows are you running? If Win 10, please see the posts by papaphoenix, and my replies, in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/477143/
Perhaps you can also get it to run.

If not, I could merge any XS Arp (X0G) files for you, if you’re willing to make them available.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2018 @ 03:45 PM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

Thanks, I had exactly the same problem, and the program worked when I placed al files in a folder and opened it from there : )
Nice work!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2018 @ 06:35 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Michiel D - 31 October 2018 03:45 PM

Thanks, I had exactly the same problem, and the program worked when I placed al files in a folder and opened it from there : )
Nice work!

You’re welcome - I’m glad it’s working for you.

[ Ignore ]