mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG DX Board in a Motif ES Rack"

Posted on: June 20, 2018 @ 11:34 AM
ctyelvis
Total Posts:  11
Joined  06-20-2018

I have the PLG AN & DX boards mounted in my ES Rack.
All the sounds work as they should except for the first DX sound labeled:
Kb:DX E. Piano

I’ve made no modifications to anything with the ES Rack or cards. I’m using a Novation 49SL as my controller using standard MIDI cables.
Any ideas why there is no sound coming from that first DX preset? Any ideas or something I can check? I’ve already done a factory re-set of my ES Rack. No change.

Thanks in advance,
-Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2018 @ 04:11 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

You might find this thread interesting…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/476550/
...including the links within it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2018 @ 08:32 PM
ctyelvis
Total Posts:  11
Joined  06-20-2018

:-)
Thank you for the link. While it had some excellent information, it didn’t help me with this problem.

It’s strange, just that first PLG150DX patch is not working. All the other DX sounds work ok. LoL

Although I’m 55, its been a long time since I have messed with this kind of stuff. So I’m pretty much a noobie at this point. I appreciate your patience. :-)

The firmware update did not solve the problem. :-(
Is there anything else you think I should try to get that first patch to work in the “voice” mode?

Thanks again!!
-Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2018 @ 09:30 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

A bit of background information might help…
There are 912 Preset Board Voices in the PLG150-DX - they are in ROM. Those Board Voices are the basis for the 64 Plug-in Voices stored in the Rack ES when it’s new or after a factory reset.

The Plug-in Voices can be edited and stored in the Rack ES memory. Doing a factory reset would normally restore the Plug-in Voices to original settings. However, you previously mentioned that you did so without the Plug-in Voice A01 issue being resolved, which is surprising.

You might look at A01 in Edit mode, and see which Board Voice is assigned for the Oscillator. You could then verify whether that Preset Board Voice is OK - perhaps select a different Board Voice for A01 Oscillator and determine if it then produces sound. See page 76 of the Rack ES Owner’s Manual for details.

You might find this support information of interest:
http://files.keyfax.com/download/PLG150DX_Motif.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Dexed to interact with PLG-150 DX
Next Topic:

Cubase midi device files for PLG boards ››