mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Update on post “XS6 will not boot”"

Posted on: May 19, 2018 @ 10:37 AM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

Oh well.  I took the xs6 to a Yamaha service center.  They confirmed that the main board flash rom was shot.  Would require the entire DM board to be replaced.  They said the Yammy rep told them there were only 3 left in the U.S. and they were $1,000.

I have decided not to repair the keyboard and, still using my backup XS6 on gigs (midi from S90es on many songs using performances, and then also song mode for my sequences, am trying to figure whether i want to just by an xs rack for my performances.....and play my sequences from a pre-recorded playback....or do I want to replace the s90ES/XS6 combo (WHICH I LOVE DEARLY) with just an MOXF8. I do have a used XF8 but that is so big I will be leaving it attached to my computer at home.

Is there a decent market for piecing out the bad XS6?  Not much on eBay.  Is there a site that auctions off parts of instruments?

I believe I have researched the MOXF enough.  I do believe all my XF songs will play properly.

Thanks,

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2018 @ 10:46 AM
OLDFART
Total Posts:  284
Joined  06-29-2003

Ebay it Brother, the whole keyboard!  theres always someone that needs it cuz their keys are worn out, dumped chocolate shake into it, or dropped their’s down the steps, but the mainboard is still good,,,, you’ll be surprised i think if you do a good description/auction

[ Ignore ]