mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS-8 pattern start"

Posted on: May 19, 2018 @ 08:51 PM
WaddyP
Total Posts:  65
Joined  08-19-2009

Is there a way to set a pattern to always start at the beginning rather than start where you stopped it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2018 @ 10:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The default is to start at the point the Section or Chain was previously stopped.

If you want the Section or Chain to restart at the beginning, after pressing [ ■ ](Stop), press [ ▐◄ ](Top) before pressing [ ► ](Play).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2018 @ 12:50 PM
WaddyP
Joined  08-19-2009

That’s what I do now. I was hoping for a setting to start from the beginning every time you stop so it would be easier to do breaks with a looped drum beat.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2018 @ 02:35 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
WaddyP - 20 May 2018 12:50 PM

That’s what I do now. I was hoping for a setting to start from the beginning every time you stop so it would be easier to do breaks with a looped drum beat.

I’m not aware of any setting to accomplish what you’re looking for.

I use my left hand to operate the sequencer transport buttons, and I presume you do (or could) as well. I find that the [ ■ ](Stop) and [ ▐◄ ](Top) buttons can be pressed simultaneously (thumb on Stop and forefinger on Top). That makes it a single operation, which might be sufficient for your needs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2018 @ 12:53 PM
WaddyP
Joined  08-19-2009

Thanks for the work around. I also wish it had a controller for a foot button for start stop. Ah live performance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2018 @ 02:21 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
WaddyP - 21 May 2018 12:53 PM

Thanks for the work around.

You’re welcome.

WaddyP -

I also wish it had a controller for a foot button for start stop. Ah live performance!

A momentary foot switch can be used for Song/Pattern start/stop.

The setting is made per Mixing. See Controller Settings - [F3] Ctrl Asgn (Controller Assign) on pages 234 and 147 of the XS Owner’s Manual. (3) Foot Switch Control No. should be set to “097 Start/Stop” for each Song or Pattern desired. The switch should be connected to the ASSIGNABLE FOOT SWITCH jack.

However, it will act like the panel Stop and Play switches - that is, restart will begin at the place you stopped.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Update on post "XS6 will not boot"
Next Topic:

Some keys develop a poor action response, XS8 ››