mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "difference between mx61 and mofx6"

Posted on: May 18, 2018 @ 01:10 PM
tradivoro
Total Posts:  45
Joined  12-16-2003

Aside for the fact that the moxf has 741 megs of wavs as opposed to the 166 for the mx series, and that the mx has less effects and other things, can somebody explain to me something. 

When I look at the sound list for pianos and guitar and others between the moxf and the mx series, the sounds have the same names, which leads me to believe that they’re the same sounds.  So what makes these sounds different even though they’re listed as the same name??  Any info appreciated, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2018 @ 04:24 PM
RHproducer
Total Posts:  60
Joined  10-19-2017
tradivoro - 18 May 2018 01:10 PM

Aside for the fact that the moxf has 741 megs of wavs as opposed to the 166 for the mx series, and that the mx has less effects and other things, can somebody explain to me something. 

When I look at the sound list for pianos and guitar and others between the moxf and the mx series, the sounds have the same names, which leads me to believe that they’re the same sounds.  So what makes these sounds different even though they’re listed as the same name??  Any info appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

Please check my post in this thread. I added some examples so you can hear the difference.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479746/

Greetings!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2018 @ 01:21 AM
tradivoro
Total Posts:  45
Joined  12-16-2003

Thanks for your reply RHProducer.  It’s great that you posted these comparisons.  The guitar is a particular favorite of mine on the MOXF and definitely don’t want to mess with that. 

I guess it’s just one of those flukes but the nylon string guitar sounds better when used in the right register, in a rhythm fashion, than dedicated guitar libraries in Kontakt sound.  That’s not to say that they sound bad, but that the moxf holds its own in these rhythm situations.  The electric guitars can sound great in a solo situation.

I had considered getting an mx61 in addition to the moxf, I think I’ll just get an moxf6 for portability.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Copying click(backing) tracks from an all file
Next Topic:

MOXF and IPAD ››