mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Unable to access the “tone” tab while in performance edit"

Posted on: April 27, 2018 @ 05:20 PM
mike88
Total Posts:  11
Joined  11-16-2002

I’ve been trying to note shift a voice in a performance. These are the steps I’ve taken:

Called up the performance (A14)
Pushed “edit”
pushed #2 in the voice select (to edit the second part)

I see the tabs voice, output, eq, tone, rcvsw on the (F) line

Now, I can select the voice, output, eq, and rcvsw by pushing the corresponding buttons and they will work properly, but when I push the F4 button for “tone” nothing happens.

Is there a setting anywhere that would cause this function have been accidentally deactivated?

Or does this require a tech visit?

I bought this keyboard new in 2014.

Thanks,
Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2018 @ 05:49 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Does the [F4] button work correctly otherwise? For example, from Performance Play mode, does pressing [F4] display the Envelope Generator settings?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2018 @ 06:00 PM
mike88
Joined  11-16-2002

I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. No, the F4 button is not working in any mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2018 @ 06:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mike88 - 27 April 2018 06:00 PM

I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. No, the F4 button is not working in any mode.

If other buttons are working correctly, it’s likely that either the tactile ("tact") switch or a solder joint at the [F4] location has failed. It could also be the associated diode.

Do [F3], [F5], and [SF4] work OK? If so, the problem is more than likely limited to the things I just mentioned.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2018 @ 09:47 PM
mike88
Joined  11-16-2002

Yes, all the other buttons you mentioned are working fine.

What I decided to do was disassemble the keyboard, remove the keybed assembly, and access the circuit board where the switch is mounted. I then used some electronics cleaner on the switch and it started working, although not perfectly. I have to press the button a little harder than the others for it to work, but it is working now. I’ll monitor the issue for now, but the switch probably should be replaced. I’m experienced soldering, but this circuits are so small now, that I don’t know if want to replace it myself.

Thanks for the help..

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF as Sound Module
Next Topic:

Can I load MOXF8 sounds onto MOX8? ››