mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF as Sound Module"

Posted on: April 27, 2018 @ 12:17 AM
PatAzz
Total Posts:  57
Joined  01-25-2011

I’ve had my MOXF for a while, but I’m stumped by something -

I want to have one (Master?) setup that will simply listen on 16 channels. Then I can have my DAW (Sonar) , or my Cantabile 3 system access the sounds on it.

On other keyboards I have always done this by doing the following:
1. Turning Local MIDI off
2. Setting it up with 16 channels/tracks, with program change on.

Unfortunately I’ve been unable to find it while spelunking around Master Mode (Performance only allows 4 separate addressable channels).

I’m only worried about access Voices at this point (not Performances).

Is there someone who can quickly send me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Pat

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2018 @ 07:14 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Song and Pattern modes are multitimbral, with 16 Parts accessible, each on it’s own track by default. If for some reason there’s a need to be in Master mode, any Song or Pattern can be associated with a Master.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2018 @ 10:19 AM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Some basics:  Master mode is a misnomer - there is really no such operating “mode” as Master Mode.  What Master mode is - is a mode that lets you organize programs in Voice, Performance or Song modes into a single list.  You can create a master mode list that slot 1 is a Voice, slot 2 is a Performance, slot 3 is another voice, slot 4 is a song ... etc ... it allows you to mix these different real modes in a single master list so you don’t have to switch back and forth between Voice, Perf, Song,.  If you used all of these different modes while performing, Master Mode is very convenient to let you arrange them all in order in a single list.  But its not an operating mode - its using one of the 3 true modes:  Voice, Performance, and Song.

My understanding is you have to be in Song mode to access up to 16 multiple channels on different midi channels.  Performance mode outputs all 4 parts as a single midi channel (I think?).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2018 @ 10:21 AM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Add:  Pattern is just a version of Song mode.

[ Ignore ]