mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Found the SQ01 (and the rest of the software suite) update for my Motif Rack ES."

Posted on: March 06, 2010 @ 04:43 AM
DPMP
Total Posts:  29
Joined  05-10-2005

I have version 2.0 (came with the Rack ES unit), but don’t have the updates.

One thing that I like about the SQ01 (over the Cubase 5) is that SQ01 SysEx message explains what the hex them hex means. With Cubase, I feel like reading the Matrix’s binary characters.

UPDATE… UPDATE… UPDATE…

I’ve found the website from Japan. You probably knew this: http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/syndtm/dl/index.html

I couldn’t read Japanese. But from clicking around on the left most column, it’s the 2nd row above the line “MIDI”, then select “MOTIF RACK ES” (center column), then select “Updater” (right column), then click on the magnifying glass (assumed to be the “Go” button), all updates including SQ01 version 2.09 would appear.

Click on “SQ01” would take you to another page, then click on the purple button that says “SQ09_al.zip (22.4MB)” would take you to yet another page. Scroll to the bottom and click on the purple button (left of the gray button) and the download window would pop up. Click “OK” button to download to your computer.

You can download the rest of the software for your Rack ES there. The only thing I’m not sure about is whether this Japanese version would work with the US market Rack units (dates look older than earlier version that were available in the market).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2018 @ 06:03 AM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-30-2011

An update to a very old thread, since the above link is no longer valid.

The final update for SQ01 (v2.09) can be downloaded from the following website:
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=jp.yamaha.com&language=ja&category_id1=16244&category_id2=16392&category;_id3=&product_id=106378

Edit 12.11.2018:
Yamaha has now restructured their Japanese website, so my link is outdated too. The bad news is that while e.g. the Motif and Motif ES software is still available, the SQ01 update is nowhere to be found on the new site. If you need it, send me a PM!

- H -

[ Ignore ]