mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "version 1"

Posted on: November 13, 2017 @ 07:59 PM
blueland
Total Posts:  27
Joined  01-06-2015

hi, please help, im thinking of getting a used version 1 mx49, will i still be able to connect to a computer and edit voices eith the right software? or is this only available on version 2.

what i mean is it difficult to connect a v1 to a PC?

will i still be able to update to the latest firmware, is this how i increase the volume?

thanks, Rick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2017 @ 09:13 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
blueland - 13 November 2017 07:59 PM

hi, please help, im thinking of getting a used version 1 mx49, will i still be able to connect to a computer and edit voices eith the right software? or is this only available on version 2.

what i mean is it difficult to connect a v1 to a PC?

Other than the availability of blue and white versions (besides black), the primary difference of the version 2 models is that they have class-compliant USB. Mostly that means a driver isn’t needed when connecting to a computer, so that iOS devices can be used. Connecting to a PC, as long as the correct driver is installed, shouldn’t be a problem with version 1, and neither should editing on a PC.

blueland -

will i still be able to update to the latest firmware, is this how i increase the volume?

The v1.01 OS update will increase the output level of a version 1 MX by 6 dB over what it had with v1.00 firmware.

There were some users who reported experiencing somewhat of a difference in the velocity response of black keys in comparison to white ones. That seemingly wasn’t resolved by updating a version 1 to OS v1.01. I don’t how much of an issue that is, or whether it’s an issue with version 2 units.

Also see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479336/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2017 @ 03:41 PM
blueland
Total Posts:  27
Joined  01-06-2015

many thanks 5pindin,

i think im going to buy new, cheers for the info

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ a updated mx 61 v1 is the same than a mx 61 v2?????
Next Topic:

MX users Help please ››